Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Siblings sleeping together.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 46 Replies

Poll

Question: What would you do?

Options:

Let it go

Separate them.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 98

View Results

One night while my MIL was babysitting, my kids begged to sleep in the same bed. I have a 6 year old DD and a 4 year old DS. My DS has been having some anxiety issues lately and so she let them. Now, they always want to sleep together. If I start the off in separate beds, often one will sneak into the others room when they get scared. Would you let it go or separate them? 

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hi_Rae
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:34 PM
At that age my brother and I both had bunk beds in our room at would rotate back and forth throughout the week.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
confused632
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:36 PM

I have a 6 yr old son and 4 yr old daughter that share the same room (only because our house is too small) and they love it.  I don't see a problem with it for another year or so.  But we will be getting a bigger house soon so it will be less than that, hopefully.

pitbull4me
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:37 PM

my little brother would sneak into my bed at least 5 nights a week! I loved it,he was my baby.we are 4 yrs apart.I truly do not see the big deal.my dd(9) and ds(3) love to sleep together,they only can do it on the weekends during the school year.

shivasgirl
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:38 PM

my b/g twins have slept together since birth..they are 7 now and still crash together

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:39 PM
1 mom liked this

I slept in my brother's bed all the time as a kid. I don't really think it's a big deal. They're gonna think the other one is gross, soon enough, lol, I would just let it go and watch them be adorable.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:40 PM
I dont see anything wrong with it at that age. If they were teens, it would be weird though
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:40 PM

Mine have slept in the same bed for 3 years now, they were 2 & 5. But they both have been talking about having their own rooms. In the spring that's what we're doing.

Cmgmqmmom
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:41 PM
My brother and I used to sneak into each other's rooms at that age. My parents would usually let it go but would sometimes carry us back to our beds. I'd say let it go.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
corib4687
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:42 PM

I'd let it go...

countrygirlkat
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:44 PM
I would let it go. They are still young and if it helps with the anxiety of one then tha tis great. What about having them share a room?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)