Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How long did it take you to get over your divorce?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 28 Replies

Me and DH split up and I absolutely devastated. I do not want a divorce. I want my family to stay together and for us to go through family counseling. But DH absolutely doesn't want to. He already moved out and I have no idea where he is staying. I have a feeling he is seeing someone else even though he denies it. I am just so sad. I cry every day. Today I made the mistake of begging him like a pathetic, desperate woman to come back to me. But he just wants nothing to do with me. 

BTW, the reason he left me is because I am pregnant with our third and he wanted me to get an abortion, but I refused and so he left. He also said its because back when we were teenagers I left him for some other guy. Which lasted about a month or less. He took me back and we eventually got married. That was 6 years ago. Now all of a sudden he is saying that hes mad at me for that?? I have been a WONDERFUL wife for him all these years. Why would he bring up something from back when I was 17? I was a kid. And he forgave me years ago for it. It makes no sense... which is another reason why I feel he is having an affair.

When will I feel OK again? I feel like I am just going to miss him forever and NEVER get over him. 

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:38 PM

BUMP!

Two_Hearts
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:38 PM
1 mom liked this

He is grasping at straws hun!!

And for him to move out because you wouldn't get an abortion? If he was that dead set on not having anymore children , then he should have gotten snipped!!

To be bluntly honest ...sounds like he has a girl on the side and he is just looking for any excuse to use to get out of the marriage , i am sorry hun..you don't deserve this. 

I say..write every negative thing you can about him on sticky pads..put 1 in your wallet , 1 in your purse , 1 in jacket pocket...etc ..places where you can see them but your children cant

Sounds like you need a reminder of how you should be treated ...not how you were treated.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:41 PM

I'm already over it and the divorce is almost final. I am the one that asked for the divorce. So there was nothing to get over. I've been over him for years.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:45 PM

Thank you for those ideas with the sticky pads. He hasnt been that great to me and I know that. But I am still totally in love with him and I hate it. It sucks having to go through this pregnancy alone. It sucks having my 3 year old ds crying because daddy doesnt live here anymore, and he thinks its because he doesnt love him. Even though I always tell him daddy loves you no matter what forever and ever. But he is so sad too. We all miss him. 

Quoting Two_Hearts:

He is grasping at straws hun!!

And for him to move out because you wouldn't get an abortion? If he was that dead set on not having anymore children , then he should have gotten snipped!!

To be bluntly honest ...sounds like he has a girl on the side and he is just looking for any excuse to use to get out of the marriage , i am sorry hun..you don't deserve this. 

I say..write every negative thing you can about him on sticky pads..put 1 in your wallet , 1 in your purse , 1 in jacket pocket...etc ..places where you can see them but your children cant

Sounds like you need a reminder of how you should be treated ...not how you were treated.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:46 PM

I think that is how he feels. He is already over it. Meanwhile I am a wreck and super heartbroken. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm already over it and the divorce is almost final. I am the one that asked for the divorce. So there was nothing to get over. I've been over him for years.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:47 PM

I'm sorry :(

Quoting Anonymous:

I think that is how he feels. He is already over it. Meanwhile I am a wreck and super heartbroken. 

Quoting Anonymous:

mama-sita
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:48 PM

I left my ex because he was abusive as hell and cheated throughout our relationship.  It took a year and a half and was ugly as hell.  I was over him the day I left.  I'm sorry you're struggling.  Hope things can start looking up for you soon.

AustinRonMommy
by Nickhole on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:48 PM

Umm, my ex and I seperated in Sept 2011 and I finally started dating again in Aug 2012...it took me a year...it's different for everyone.  

mcclainprincess
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:50 PM
Its been three years. He cheated. Most days I'm great. Some days..... Not so much.. :'(

But i know it was for the best. I just keep my head up and press on..
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:55 PM

Wow 3 years. I am thinking it is going to take me a long time like that. This baby is due in October, so that is going to be another rollercoaster of being sad not having him there helping me with the baby. And then I am going to have to get the hang of being a single mom to three small kids. He was so great when he was here. Sometimes I find myself blaming myself for all of this. Questioning if keeping the baby was the right thing to do, or maybe I was nagging to much being all hormonal. I know its wrong to blame myself, but I cant help it sometimes.

Quoting mcclainprincess:

Its been three years. He cheated. Most days I'm great. Some days..... Not so much.. :'(

But i know it was for the best. I just keep my head up and press on..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)