Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

if you are a social worker, or work in that field.

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:38 PM
  • 9 Replies
What do you do? What degree do you have? What is your salary?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
LawdHaveMercy
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:38 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LawdHaveMercy
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:39 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lovemybabyboy09
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:40 PM
Id like to know too so here's a bump for you!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LawdHaveMercy
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:40 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LawdHaveMercy
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:54 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lendales_mommi
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 12:02 AM
1 mom liked this

I run help run an apartment for Chronic alcoholics. I make 14 an hour. I do not have a degree but am certified in CPI,First Aid and Medicaid Billing. I LOVE MY JOB:)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 10, 2013 at 12:10 AM

I graduated with my M.S.W .in 1980.B.S. in Bio.My last full time job ended in 1986 ...SAHM...I was a director of a Step House for Adults coming out of long term residential care.We helped them get training and re acclimate.I made 38,000.Since then I have been a contract M.S.W. for agencies , as geriatric home care as become more prevalent I have also been a sub .home visiting M.S.W,.For the past few years I have facilitated two process groups a week.That is long term group therapy.Insurance will seldom pay enough for the groups to be solely run by a psychiatrist.I work for a private mental and behavioral clinic.I currently get paid 200 an hour ,I am contract so no benefits and I must report and pay my own deductions...i.e.social security ,Medicare etc. and pay an hourly charge for the office manager and staff.They collect and process all paper work and fees.It around a 200 a month.I have always kept up to date ,keep taking C.E. I am going back to school to refresh and when my youngest leaves for college will become a therapist in the clinic fall of 2014.Currently they charge 145 per session.Depending on how much I work I will be pro rated how many clients I can see at reduced or gratis rates.

I'm now called a L.C.S.W.

LawdHaveMercy
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 1:33 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katzmeow726
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 1:38 PM
Dh is going to grad school.to become an LCSW. He has a bachelors in Psychology, and currently works in the same field. His job now is assisting local homeless clients. He connects.them with mental health treatment, gets.them in to housing, and even helps them with things like finding work. He loves the work, but it pays so little he actually qualifies for some of the same programs as his clients.
Once he gets his masters, he wants to do counselling services for the VA. They often prefer LCSWs to psychologists.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN