Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you do when you start to resent being a mom?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies

I love my kids, I really do, but lately I've spent so much time focused on meeting their needs and keeping them from screaming and crying that I feel like I don't even know who I am anymore.

My three year old whines, yanks toys away from her little sister, and when is pouting and talks, I can barely hear her even when my ear is literally an inch away from my face.

My 9 month old is really needy, she nurses on demand, freaks the eff out if I leave the room, and barely lets me get any work done around the house. I feel like I am always carrying her.

DH tries to help, but usuallygets frustrated after only a few minutes and gives them back to me. I almost never get out of the house, and on the very rare occassion I'm by myself, I always have to be quick so I can get DD2 back from DH because she freaks out the entire time apparently.

I am just stressed out and tired, I just needed to vent a bit, I would add more, but DD2 is being a pain again

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Roo1234
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:43 PM
1 mom liked this
I had three kids in five years,I remember those days. when I started to feel like that I usually took a deep breath and asked myself if I was keeping my priorities straight. I would stop trying to do it all and focus on what was most important, I have to tell you it was never laundry or cleaning a bathroom. giving myself permission to focus just on the basics really helped.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
findingserenity
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:45 PM
Same boat...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:46 PM
Buy a sling or wrap and wear ur 9mo old. Give dad the other one and leave. That solves the issue. Come home when ur three year olds in bed lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:49 PM

You need a baby carrier, and put the baby on your back. I only have one kid but when I feel like I've had enough, I give up, and go sit on the floor and play. She usually gets better after that and I can go about my day.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:52 PM

we had a sling, but she's getting too big for that particular one to wear her comfortably. I haven't had the spare money yet to invest in an ergo or something

Quoting Anonymous:

Buy a sling or wrap and wear ur 9mo old. Give dad the other one and leave. That solves the issue. Come home when ur three year olds in bed lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:52 PM

hugs

Quoting findingserenity:

Same boat...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:55 PM
What about a mei tei? Look on etsy. They are CHEAP!

Quoting Anonymous:

we had a sling, but she's getting too big for that particular one to wear her comfortably. I haven't had the spare money yet to invest in an ergo or something

Quoting Anonymous:

buttersworth
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:57 PM

yeah, oh yeah...lol...but i don't call it resentment. i don't resent being a mom. my headtrip is resenting that my husband doesn't swoop down and create the perfect replacement for me when i absolutely need a break.

mestiza_07
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 12:01 AM
I give myself a mommy time out...I put them in their rooms so I know their safe and go get some fresh air, take some deep breaths. Once I recoup I go back to my kids....they are usually napping after a few minutes of quiet time for them too.

I know the feeling momma. I have a 4 yo, 2 yo and 1 yo
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)