Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

That annoying wife.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 147 Replies

Are you the wife that hangs out at her dh's job all day with kids in tow? Do you call him all day long while he's at work?

Dh was just talking to me about a guys wife who likes to hang around the office with the kids for hours. I asked him what she does and he said she just stays in the office with the kids and her Dh. He says she's there like 2-3 times a week. I think that's just weird. He says everyone is annoyed by it and they're just waiting for someone to say something.

Why would she do that? Is she keeping tabs on her Dh? I don't give a shit what my Dh is doing at work as long as he's working. Kwim? I have zero desire to hang out with him all day- let alone with kids. I rarely call him either...

ETA: We do text through out the day. Little things, jokes or I may be headed to the store and text him to see if he needs/wants something. But I try not to bother him. He has shit to do.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucydiamond
by LD on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:47 PM
Uh, what? I have better things to do.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Bauxite-17
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:48 PM

My husband works in a factory...I have no desire to hang out with my son there.....lol. It would be so boring, not to mention dangerous.

Jade_Lufercus
2 moms liked this

I don't think that should be allowed. At my old job I'd get in trouble if my husband were to show up and hang out for hours. 

amyleigh80
Honest to God I don't call or bother my DH unless it is a true emergency or I need to discuss something important about our DD. I am not clingy or touchy-feely either. He is at work to WORK! Not have me up his ass all day. Ugh! Just thinking about being like that makes me shudder.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:50 PM

Sometimes I call him but mostly I text him. Just if I need something or to see how his day is going. Normally he'll text me first. If I need to ask him about something I'll ask if he can call but I don't call his office. He's a supervisor and not normally at his desk.

sheymann
by Gold Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:50 PM
2 moms liked this

DH is in the miltiary so even if I wanted to I couldn't.

She is going to get him fired.

Hippimama333
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:51 PM
I use to help my so work but he liked the company and I enjoyed it! He's a carpet cleaner so he was allowed to take me
model1000mom
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:51 PM

I had a coworker that his wife did the same thing. Finally our supervisor told him that if she continued to do it then she would have her removed from the building. She was a distraction for not only him but the rest of the office staff. She dressed like a hooker and had this god awful heckling laugh that could be heard by not only the staff but our consumers also. Ugh she was irritating. He was fired a few months later for theft.

countrygirlkat
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:52 PM
I do not hang out at my DH's work. That would be odd unless it is a family business or something. As for calling him while working we usually talk on the phone once or twice a day while he is at work but they are usually short calls.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:52 PM

Quoting lucydiamond:

Uh, what? I have better things to do.

This is what I think too. I don't have time to sit around his office. I mean WHY would you want to? I don't get it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)