Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

That annoying wife.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Are you the wife that hangs out at her dh's job all day with kids in tow? Do you call him all day long while he's at work?

Dh was just talking to me about a guys wife who likes to hang around the office with the kids for hours. I asked him what she does and he said she just stays in the office with the kids and her Dh. He says she's there like 2-3 times a week. I think that's just weird. He says everyone is annoyed by it and they're just waiting for someone to say something.

Why would she do that? Is she keeping tabs on her Dh? I don't give a shit what my Dh is doing at work as long as he's working. Kwim? I have zero desire to hang out with him all day- let alone with kids. I rarely call him either...

ETA: We do text through out the day. Little things, jokes or I may be headed to the store and text him to see if he needs/wants something. But I try not to bother him. He has shit to do.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:46 PM
Replies (141-147):
Sunshine257
by Ruby Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 10:47 AM
My dh is a paramedic and in Denmark all the schools are closed because of the teacher union strike. So I asked what are people doing with their kids. He said they are bringing them to work lol. He said there are tons of kids at the fire station right now. I thought that was odd but good. I wonder why his wife would do that? I would think it was weird but mind my own.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
michiganmom5150
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 10:51 AM
Other than the occasional ride to/from work or a small text, I leave him alone. I'm a stylist, so he texts me a lot more while at work, but he knows I can text back between clients, etc. he gets like a 15 minute break after 4 hours, so he can't text me except then and has to go outside to do so since there's no service in the building. Every once in a great while, we do lunches, but nope, don't get it.
Lorena
by Platinum Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 10:53 AM
I use to in the summer. I would go to the job site with my older kids. The boys would help, Dd would play with kids in the neighborhood, I would read, run earns for the guys, get lunch, even sometimes help. All the guys loved it when I was there even the kids. Now we have the 3 younger kids we don't go unless they are with their bm. My kids love being at the job site. Now we text a couple of times a day.
Mazi184
by Platinum Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 10:55 AM
No, I Don't.
Dh manages a local restaurant within walking distance of our house so occasionally ds and I will walk there as he is getting off work and then walk home together.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 26 on Apr. 10, 2013 at 10:55 AM
We text all day long and I sure do go hang out there. My Mil and I go a few times a week.
Simple-Beauty
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 10:57 AM
My husband works in the National Security Campus, I can't get into building lol. Not that I would if I could, he's always very busy, we rarely talk when he's working. I'll page him if there's an emergency, cell phones aren't allowed in the building.
aj_mom
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 1:22 PM

When I get off work I may take the kids by DH's work but this happens maybe 1-2 a month. What she's doing is ridiculous. What kind of job is it that he can have someone there in his office that long that many times a week?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)