Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you do?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies

Poll

Question: See post

Options:

Option 1

Option 2

Option 3

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 9

View Results

Okay. I am in a bit of a pickle and I need help. I am tired of crying and feeling alone. But I dont know what to do. So I want your honest opinion on what you would do. Please can you just put aside your snobbishness for a second and answer it like a hypothetical instead of just saying you wouldnt be in this or that situation? Or just answer the poll. Thank you. If you dont have anything nice to say, please can you just not write anything? I know its a public forum and I know youre entitled to it but please just this once? Thank you

Option 1: Horrible neighbors, horrible living conditions, no money to leave but you have help with your special needs child(ren) from some friendly reliable neighbors.

Option 2: Family. Youre child(ren) would be treated differently and possibly grow to hate themselves the way they you do yourself because your family sucks. But at least you know you will have a hot meal, shower and have some help sometimes.

Option 3: Shelter and hope that the shelter will find some place to accomadate you and your special needs child(ren). And hope you can find a better place than Options 1 and 2.

I know that I have made bad choices and I know how fucking shitty of a situation I put myself in but I am trying no matter how unsucessful its been. I want better and I am trying better. Just got to try a little harder. So what Option would you choose? Keep in mind that all these are so that you CAN find a better working situation AND living situations. Not just to freeload or have someone else take care of you. Thanks for your input if you do answer.

Oh and if you don't have special needs children that you can just use your chid(ren) for the sake of the scenario.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
MsMimna
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 9:28 AM

I am so sorry you are in this position and my heart goes out to you. There really is honestly no good answer. In a perfect world you should be able to rely on family, but I can sympathize with your situation. Go apply for help, public assistance isn't something to be ashamed of when you are working towards a better future. Then tell them you have no place to go, they may suggest a family shelter temporarily, but they will start looking for a place faster because of your child's needs. Put some faith in yourself and give your worries to god. And remember....If He brought you to it, He will bring you through it !!! I will say a prayer for you and your family....Big Hugs :))

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 10, 2013 at 3:19 PM
Thanks

Quoting MsMimna:

I am so sorry you are in this position and my heart goes out to you. There really is honestly no good answer. In a perfect world you should be able to rely on family, but I can sympathize with your situation. Go apply for help, public assistance isn't something to be ashamed of when you are working towards a better future. Then tell them you have no place to go, they may suggest a family shelter temporarily, but they will start looking for a place faster because of your child's needs. Put some faith in yourself and give your worries to god. And remember....If He brought you to it, He will bring you through it !!! I will say a prayer for you and your family....Big Hugs :))

Liz132
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 3:25 PM

I choose option 2, if you stay with family you can save the most money the quickest and put your children and yourself in a better situation faster.

areles
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 3:25 PM
having a child with disabilities, based on the info given, option 1.

but then, i could never live with my family, and a shelter would terrify and demoralize me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)