Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Help!! Just moved, over stressed and don't know where to start

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
The apartment is filled with boxes. I'm so over stressed I don't know where to start, and I'm pretty sure the stress is starting to make me sick :(
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 10, 2013 at 12:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 10, 2013 at 12:37 AM

you start with the box closest to you...then keep going.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 10, 2013 at 12:39 AM

Start with the kitchen, then the bathroom. I just moved and it sucked but you need a functional kitchen and bath. Just do what you can and stop when it gets overwhelming.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 10, 2013 at 12:41 AM
One at a time....just take them one at a time. I would start in the kitchen and make my way out.
Supervane
by Ruby Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 12:43 AM
I start at the bathroom, my toiletries are more vital than my dishes Lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Start with the kitchen, then the bathroom. I just moved and it sucked but you need a functional kitchen and bath. Just do what you can and stop when it gets overwhelming.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
happymama0609
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 12:43 AM
I always start with the kitchen, a kitchen makes a house a home and once that is done everything just flows. If you get stressed take a step back and catch your breath, regain your thoughts and start again. Good luck! :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 10, 2013 at 1:31 AM
That's what I was doing until more boxes were brought in and dh blocked my shelving :( there's zero kitchen space in this place

Quoting happymama0609:

I always start with the kitchen, a kitchen makes a house a home and once that is done everything just flows. If you get stressed take a step back and catch your breath, regain your thoughts and start again. Good luck! :)

kitchen.ninja
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 1:31 AM
I was about to type this, lol!

How hard is it to figure out?

Quoting Anonymous:

you start with the box closest to you...then keep going.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
casseopeia
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 1:35 AM

Yep,  this is good advice.  I've moved 6, maybe 7 times in 5 years.  Always know where your coffee pot and coffee are.  The kitchen is usually pretty easy to set up.  Bathroom next so you can shower up after a long day of unpacking.  Then make up your bed and crash out.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN