Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help!! Just moved, over stressed and don't know where to start

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
The apartment is filled with boxes. I'm so over stressed I don't know where to start, and I'm pretty sure the stress is starting to make me sick :(
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 10, 2013 at 12:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 10, 2013 at 12:37 AM

you start with the box closest to you...then keep going.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 10, 2013 at 12:39 AM

Start with the kitchen, then the bathroom. I just moved and it sucked but you need a functional kitchen and bath. Just do what you can and stop when it gets overwhelming.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 10, 2013 at 12:41 AM
One at a time....just take them one at a time. I would start in the kitchen and make my way out.
Supervane
by Ruby Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 12:43 AM
I start at the bathroom, my toiletries are more vital than my dishes Lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Start with the kitchen, then the bathroom. I just moved and it sucked but you need a functional kitchen and bath. Just do what you can and stop when it gets overwhelming.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
happymama0609
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 12:43 AM
I always start with the kitchen, a kitchen makes a house a home and once that is done everything just flows. If you get stressed take a step back and catch your breath, regain your thoughts and start again. Good luck! :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 10, 2013 at 1:31 AM
That's what I was doing until more boxes were brought in and dh blocked my shelving :( there's zero kitchen space in this place

Quoting happymama0609:

I always start with the kitchen, a kitchen makes a house a home and once that is done everything just flows. If you get stressed take a step back and catch your breath, regain your thoughts and start again. Good luck! :)

kitchen.ninja
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 1:31 AM
I was about to type this, lol!

How hard is it to figure out?

Quoting Anonymous:

you start with the box closest to you...then keep going.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
casseopeia
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 1:35 AM

Yep,  this is good advice.  I've moved 6, maybe 7 times in 5 years.  Always know where your coffee pot and coffee are.  The kitchen is usually pretty easy to set up.  Bathroom next so you can shower up after a long day of unpacking.  Then make up your bed and crash out.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN