Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you think? Circ post.

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 3:08 AM
  • 408 Replies
8 moms liked this
Question for any pro-circ's that may be in this group: If circumcision is so beneficial, why doesn't the rest of the modernized world do it? Why does every other 1st world country that has access to equal or better medical care, not perform this procedure except as a last resort and they do not have the issues that we have here? What is wrong with American penises that makes them different from the rest of the world? Don't you think that if there were legitimate benefits, the whole world would do it? I'm just asking this to know what people that are pro-circ really think. I will try to provide accurate info since it appears that American doctors have failed to do so.
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 3:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Misery_Stitches
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 3:45 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm from New Zealand where circing is uncommon so watching this just to see answers *curious*
CrimsonRose01
by ~Cassandra~ on Apr. 10, 2013 at 3:48 AM
6 moms liked this
I'm neither pro, nor anti circ. My husband is circd, and he insisted our son be too. Fine with me either way.
Blue_Spiral
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 3:50 AM
9 moms liked this

I find this to be the most solid and compelling argument against circumcision, besides the fact that it's.. youknow... barbaric...

LovesPeanut
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 3:53 AM
I've wondered this myself... lord knows I'm anti-circ. I am a fan of the fb group Saving our Sons, and it's a great awareness group, wonder if they have insight on this... hmmm :-) you do know this post will most likely turn ugly though. Anon button humpers and all.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
faeriemom1972
by Ruby Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 3:55 AM
21 moms liked this

I don't think that mothers should have to justify their personal decisions. Posts like this put us on the defensive and can lead to some mean stuff.

Allinorder
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 4:01 AM
1 mom liked this

I have one son who got circumcised because he had a deformity. His penis wasn't attached to the base. He was put to sleep to fix it. My youngest well dh wanted it done and I regret it. I would not want a circumcision and I should of looked at the same way for my youngest whom didn't need it. If I ever have another son he wil be intact.

Salsacookies
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 12:46 PM
11 moms liked this
Quoting faeriemom1972:

I don't think that mothers should have to justify their personal decisions. Posts like this put us on the defensive and can lead to some mean stuff.

A personal decision implies that the decision is regarding the person making the decision, not somebody else. The only person who should be making such a personal decision like circumcision is the person that it will affect.
Salsacookies
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 4:13 PM
Bump!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
faeriemom1972
by Ruby Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 5:59 PM
4 moms liked this

Quoting Salsacookies:

Quoting faeriemom1972:

A personal decision implies that the decision is regarding the person making the decision, not somebody else. The only person who should be making such a personal decision like circumcision is the person that it will affect.

I actually agree with you. That's usually my internal argument. Our Dr even said that if our son wanted to be circumcised he could easily do it when he's old enough make that decision. However, not all women feel that way. They feel that they have the right to make decisions regarding their childrens bodies. I never post pics of my son because he has long hair and some women are hateful about it. There are good and bad stories regarding both being circ'd and intact. My bil is intact and it never bothered him, my best friends dh hated being intact because he had a hard time with women before he met her. Anyway, I guess I'm just tired of women picking on each other. It's always the same facts, the same argument...it's old, I'm old. I wish we could just root for each other. Why do women never root for each other?

Blueliner
by Platinum Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 6:01 PM

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured