Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What do you think? Circ post.

Posted by   + Show Post
Question for any pro-circ's that may be in this group: If circumcision is so beneficial, why doesn't the rest of the modernized world do it? Why does every other 1st world country that has access to equal or better medical care, not perform this procedure except as a last resort and they do not have the issues that we have here? What is wrong with American penises that makes them different from the rest of the world? Don't you think that if there were legitimate benefits, the whole world would do it? I'm just asking this to know what people that are pro-circ really think. I will try to provide accurate info since it appears that American doctors have failed to do so.
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 3:08 AM
Replies (351-360):
Salsacookies
by Gold Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 6:25 PM

Unfortunately, no. I have never been with an intact man, but I'm curious as to what it's like. As long as the guy is clean, extra skin doesn't matter to me. It all looks the same when it's hard either way. A lot of guys you can't even tell are intact.

Quoting Anonymous:

Hey Andrea have you ever put a uncirq. size penis in your mouth with all that extra skin.......yuck

Salsacookies
by Gold Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 6:28 PM

Yeah, except we don't live there. We live in the US. Those other countries do all kinds of funky, cultural shit with their people, so I'm not worried about them. I'm talking about the US where the majority if not all of the penile cancer patients were circ'd, vs the UK where the majority of them are not. The stats are lower in the UK for penile cancer.

Quoting momto2boys973:

Quoting Salsacookies:

"http://www.cancer.org/cancer/penilecancer/detailedguide/penile-cancer-key-statistics"

Well, aren't you good at selective reading? Missed this part?
"However, penile cancer is much more common in some parts of Asia, Africa, and South America, where it accounts for up to 10% of cancers in men"

Which really just proved my point, thanks!

momto2boys973
by Ruby Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 6:28 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting Salsacookies:

"Unfortunately, no. I have never been with an intact man, but I'm curious as to what it's like. As long as the guy is clean, extra skin doesn't matter to me. It all looks the same when it's hard either way. A lot of guys you can't even tell are intact"

I thought circumcision made an unbelievable difference is sex?
Didn't you post that sexasnatureintended crap or was it the other anti-circ that made a post about it?
So make up your minds, "intactivists"... Either the difference is so huge it's obvious or you can't even tell. But it can't be both
Anonymous
by Anonymous 29 on Apr. 12, 2013 at 6:28 PM

I love the circus!  I don't see what the problem is.  I mean, yes they have lions and elephants and things.  But I think thats all just a witch hunt against them.  Im sure they treat their animals with the respect they so deserve 

gabrielsmommy04
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 6:28 PM
1 mom liked this

there are legimate benefits according to the american academy of pediatriacs which is why they recommend it on a case by case basis for boys. But they specifically state that there are health reasons to circumsize. And there are plenty of other countries that still do it as well. if you don't think it is beneficial for your son then don't do it . But that doesn't give you the right to attack mothers who do and some of us have done our homework and research. I would love to see your accurate information and what source it came from. 

momto2boys973
by Ruby Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 6:30 PM
Quoting Salsacookies:

"Yeah, except we don't live there. We live in the US. Those other countries do all kinds of funky, cultural shit with their people, so I'm not worried about them. I'm talking about the US where the majority if not all of the penile cancer patients were circ'd, vs the UK where the majority of them are not. The stats are lower in the UK for penile cancer."

Actually, I do live there. I don't live in the U.S and OMG at your prejudices!!! No, we don't do any "cultural shit", you're so egocentric and ignorant- not a shocker, though. Intolerant people usually are. I actually go to Walmart, the movies and even have Netflix in this "cultural shit" hole... Sheesh.
And no dear, the majority of penile cancer patients ANYWHERE are uncircumcised. It's a well documented, accepted and proven medical of circumcision, so deal with it and find better arguments.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 30 on Apr. 12, 2013 at 6:31 PM
I don't want my son to be judged in the locker room or laughed at by his girlfriend when she first sees it. I don't want him to have that weird smell un-circ penises have. I want him to be confident in himself. judge if you must. when I got him back after the procedure, it broke my heart..
gabrielsmommy04
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 6:32 PM
1 mom liked this

and uncircumsised boys have a higher risk of infection and even for contracting various diseases and stds according to the AAp. Where is the actual research that proves that circumsision is what causes penile cancer? Are you talking about one study or various studies that all state the same thing.

Quoting Salsacookies:

Yeah, except we don't live there. We live in the US. Those other countries do all kinds of funky, cultural shit with their people, so I'm not worried about them. I'm talking about the US where the majority if not all of the penile cancer patients were circ'd, vs the UK where the majority of them are not. The stats are lower in the UK for penile cancer.

Quoting momto2boys973:

Quoting Salsacookies:

"http://www.cancer.org/cancer/penilecancer/detailedguide/penile-cancer-key-statistics"

"However, penile cancer is much more common in some parts of Asia, Africa, and South America, where it accounts for up to 10% of cancers in men"

Salsacookies
by Gold Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 6:38 PM

I'm not saying that circumcision causes cancer. According to the UK Cancer research site, penile cancer is more common after age 60. 60 years ago and beyond, circumcision was routine. It just happened without even having to tell the mom. So according to cancer.org, 1520 cases of penile cancer happen each year to men over age 60(who most likely are circ'd) vs 500 new cases of penile cancer each year to men in the UK(who are most likely not circ'd because circ stopped being routine in the UK in the 40's). If circumcision really prevented cancer, wouldn't the cases for the US be lower and the UK be higher? I wonder what the stats will look like 60 years from now with the circ level at around 30-35% now.

Quoting gabrielsmommy04:

and uncircumsised boys have a higher risk of infection and even for contracting various diseases and stds according to the AAp. Where is the actual research that proves that circumsision is what causes penile cancer? Are you talking about one study or various studies that all state the same thing.

Quoting Salsacookies:

Quoting momto2boys973:

Quoting Salsacookies:

Salsacookies
by Gold Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 6:41 PM

The majority of boys are not being cut now, so your son is going to be in the minority. If a girl is shallow enough to laugh at him for being whole, he doesn't deserve her anyway. There is nothing wrong with a natural, whole body. As long as the man uses proper hygiene, there is no smell. I'm not even sure where that started, but vaginas get pretty smelly too when they aren't clean. It's called a bath.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't want my son to be judged in the locker room or laughed at by his girlfriend when she first sees it. I don't want him to have that weird smell un-circ penises have. I want him to be confident in himself. judge if you must. when I got him back after the procedure, it broke my heart..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN