Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Seriously !!!

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 5:45 AM
  • 12 Replies
Whats up with people letting their children run amuck through the neighborhood. They don't just play on the side streets. They run through yards walk up to my front door and look in my house, go on other peoples property stick their little arms over my fence to pet my dogs. I pray one of my dogs dont scratch them. I hung a no tresspass sigh on my fence to cover but wtf people watch your kids!!!! None of them appear to be over the age of 10 i'd say 6-10 yrs old and their is 5 of them
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 5:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 10, 2013 at 5:47 AM
Next time they start looking in your house, soak them with a water soaker, bet they never look in again
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 10, 2013 at 5:48 AM
Use those pop rocks when they come nearby.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 10, 2013 at 5:50 AM
1 mom liked this

I never see kids walking arounf my neighborhood. I think it's sad. I use to all the time when I was a kid. I let my girls walk to their friends houses a few houses down, but I have never had anyone say they were misbehaving. They are 9 and 11. Why don't you go to their parents if they are doing stuff like that? I would.

Sunshine257
by Ruby Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 5:54 AM
I woudn't let my kid run around the neighborhood. If I saw them doing that I Would go out and talk to them.
kbix82
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 6:00 AM
I would but i have no idea who they belong too, ive told them not to come on ,y property ive told them several times ( the last few times not so nicely) not to touch my dogs without permission. They are not just walking. They are invading everyones private space! My neighbor said one was looking in her kitchen window! Btw at the top on my driveway. Would i be too overboard to call the police next time one of them is peeking in my home?

Quoting Anonymous:

I never see kids walking arounf my neighborhood. I think it's sad. I use to all the time when I was a kid. I let my girls walk to their friends houses a few houses down, but I have never had anyone say they were misbehaving. They are 9 and 11. Why don't you go to their parents if they are doing stuff like that? I would.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 10, 2013 at 6:07 AM

I'd ask the kids to take you to their parents. If they refuse then I would call the police. I don't think it is overboard to do that. These kids are being disrespectful of people's space. I remember one time, when I was about 7 or 8, I was with some friends in the neighborhood and we were hanging on one of the neighbors clothes lines. The lady came home and saw us. She was not happy and she followed me home and told my mother what I had been doing. I got in quite a bit of trouble and I NEVER did anything like that again. I had to work in the ladies yard for a week for free to repay her for what I did.

Quoting kbix82:

I would but i have no idea who they belong too, ive told them not to come on ,y property ive told them several times ( the last few times not so nicely) not to touch my dogs without permission. They are not just walking. They are invading everyones private space! My neighbor said one was looking in her kitchen window! Btw at the top on my driveway. Would i be too overboard to call the police next time one of them is peeking in my home?

Quoting Anonymous:

kbix82
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 6:10 AM
Oh good idea i'll ask them to take me to mom or dad. I doubt they will sice i've yelled at them and they still come around

Quoting Anonymous:

I'd ask the kids to take you to their parents. If they refuse then I would call the police. I don't think it is overboard to do that. These kids are being disrespectful of people's space. I remember one time, when I was about 7 or 8, I was with some friends in the neighborhood and we were hanging on one of the neighbors clothes lines. The lady came home and saw us. She was not happy and she followed me home and told my mother what I had been doing. I got in quite a bit of trouble and I NEVER did anything like that again. I had to work in the ladies yard for a week for free to repay her for what I did.

Quoting kbix82:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 10, 2013 at 6:13 AM

It's worth a try...or just follow them to their home.

Quoting kbix82:

Oh good idea i'll ask them to take me to mom or dad. I doubt they will sice i've yelled at them and they still come around

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting kbix82:

Quoting Anonymous:

Starshine-bela
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 6:13 AM
I don't think it's overboard to call the police if they won't take you to their parents. they need to learn what they are doing is illegal one way or another.
Cowgirl_Coyote
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 6:32 AM

I know. It scares me. My sister in law frequents the sex offenders website and that is why her child isn't allowed out of her yard. My only child is eight months old so I'm not worried about her yet. My area is very rural and the houses are spred out so kids don't run loos as much but my sister lives in a neighborhood and she has random kids running around all the time. I have had kids come up on my property before to pet my horses or the cows or dogs. I'm not worried about one of my animals hurting a child but I am worried about a kid hurting my animals.

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)