Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Raising Taxes on the wealthy VS. Cutting "entitlement benefits"

Thoughts? :)

by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 7:08 AM
Replies (311-319):
Jennyanne322
by Platinum Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 9:48 AM
This is what I was going to say. Medicare and SS are not entitlements. Any American that worked on the books has paid into these. I would consider Medicaid, welfare, and that stuff is entitlement stuff. Most Americans feels they deserve for stuff to be handed to them. What happened to working for it?

Quoting IandLoveandYou:

Well.. Social security and Medicare are benefits for the elderly who were told that, that money would be there for them when they retire.

Quoting TeamTARDIS:

So taking more money from the rich to give to the poor? Typical.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 11, 2013 at 9:49 AM
No we need to demand our leaders cut this countries spending .

Where did this idea come from , that we need to cut from programs for vulnerable people or raise taxes anyway? There are many other areas to the "budget" but for some reason people don't talk about chopping them...why?

Quoting Anonymous:

We, as a country, are so far in debt and going in further daily, that I think we need to do both. Otherwise, we are ALL going to be living in poverty in the United States of China.

areles
by Platinum Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 9:52 AM
1 mom liked this
here are my thoughts. balancing the books on the backs of the people - whether old, disabled, OR wealthy - so that you can continue overspending like a drunken sailor is wrong. period.

it's like blazing through your paycheck each week, then charging up all your credit cards, then holding your boss at gunpoint demanding more money, and THEN robbing your elderly neighbor and the lady in the wheelchair down the street so that you can continue buying shoes and swimming pools and trips to Europe.

it's immoral and WRONG.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kaylawv2
by Gold Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 9:57 AM
America just needs a flat tax rate. Everyone should pay the same percentage of their income in taxes except those below poverty level. We need to get rid of these deductions etc... And simplify our tax system. Nobody should get a refund period.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blurp
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:54 AM

Best deduction of a reason I've ever remember hearing.   (Jerry's floral, sometime in the 1990's) Dunmore

Quoting areles:

here are my thoughts. balancing the books on the backs of the people - whether old, disabled, OR wealthy - so that you can continue overspending like a drunken sailor is wrong. period.

it's like blazing through your paycheck each week, then charging up all your credit cards, then holding your boss at gunpoint demanding more money, and THEN robbing your elderly neighbor and the lady in the wheelchair down the street so that you can continue buying shoes and swimming pools and trips to Europe.

it's immoral and WRONG.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:58 AM

The sad part is that this is being debated. The poor, sick and ederly are those who need the most help. But I forgot, in this country, they don't matter. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 11, 2013 at 12:02 PM

And what about those who have worked and paid into it, only to face hard times and still aren't eligible for help when depesperatley needed. Most americans do not feel as if they deserve it. Most americans work but don't make enough. The system is broken. 

Quoting Jennyanne322:

This is what I was going to say. Medicare and SS are not entitlements. Any American that worked on the books has paid into these. I would consider Medicaid, welfare, and that stuff is entitlement stuff. Most Americans feels they deserve for stuff to be handed to them. What happened to working for it?

Quoting IandLoveandYou:

Well.. Social security and Medicare are benefits for the elderly who were told that, that money would be there for them when they retire.

Quoting TeamTARDIS:

Jennyanne322
by Platinum Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 12:10 PM
Did you miss the part about me saying what happened to working for it?

Quoting Anonymous:

And what about those who have worked and paid into it, only to face hard times and still aren't eligible for help when depesperatley needed. Most americans do not feel as if they deserve it. Most americans work but don't make enough. The system is broken. 

Quoting Jennyanne322:

Quoting IandLoveandYou:

Quoting TeamTARDIS:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 11, 2013 at 1:53 PM

Quoting owl0210:

The elderly and disabled should be the only ones truly entitled to benefits.

Lets not forget our veterans

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)