Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Raising Taxes on the wealthy VS. Cutting "entitlement benefits"

Thoughts? :)

by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 7:08 AM
Replies (11-20):
AJsMom81507
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 7:32 AM
5 moms liked this

because some of work our asses off to have the money we have, it's not our fault that others are so effin lazy or didnt manage their money properly when they were able.

sorry,  my father died he reached eligible age for SSI & Medicare, but i can damn well tell you he didnt need it.  he worked his ass off to provide the life we had, and when he died, he didnt leave multi millions, but he had plenty to live at least another 40+ years with no help.

my father came from a very poor family, but he built himself up from the ground up.  NO help from anyone

Quoting NNB:

Why is that a bad thing?

Quoting TeamTARDIS:

So taking more money from the rich to give to the poor? Typical.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 10, 2013 at 7:33 AM

Quoting AJsMom81507:

the people who are on medicare and social security are the elderly and they will die soon anyway.  shitty way of puttin it yea, but its the truth, and those who are young and able enough, but are still on the above, should not be entitled to shit, well maybe the shit i put on a plate for them.

sorry, but it's typical, lets steal from the rich, so more ppl can sit on their fat asses and mooch

Young and able people can't GET SS or medicare. You have to qualify by age or disability.

And the dependents of someone who was eligible for SS can get money( if the parent dies)-until they graduate from high school.  Not like a 5 year old can get a job. AND THEY collect at the rate the deceased paid in at. So if Daddy earned less, kid gets less.

Not sure why that isn't a pretty damned good system, actually.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 10, 2013 at 7:33 AM
4 moms liked this
So the wealthy gets punished for doing well for themselves? Our government is fucked.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 10, 2013 at 7:34 AM
2 moms liked this
The rich, generally good with finances, shouldn't have to sacrifice so the poor, pa users, can continue to get a free ride. It's the rich people who are building hospitals and making huge charitable contributions. Call me crazy but I'd rather see Millionaire X donate a few million to a children's hospital than have him pay that few million I taxes. Sorry but common people will not be able to pull that kind of money together.
NNB
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 7:35 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes Seriously, these people seriously think it is ok to sit on huge amounts of money when there are others starving and dieing, not because they wont work, but majority of people can't find a job, work minimum wage, 40 + hours a week or more and still can't make ends meet. I have no room for the rich. They are disgusting greedy people, if the government didn't tax so high and CORPORATIONS paid more of their tax then things would be better for the poor!

Quoting TeamTARDIS:

Why is that a bad thing? Seriously? Leaning on one group to fund another is never a good idea. Many if the wealthiest families are leaving the USA because of this practice, so when they are gone who are they going to take from next?

Quoting NNB:

Why is that a bad thing?

Quoting TeamTARDIS:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 10, 2013 at 7:36 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting AJsMom81507:

because some of work our asses off to have the money we have, it's not our fault that others are so effin lazy or didnt manage their money properly when they were able.

sorry,  my father died he reached eligible age for SSI & Medicare, but i can damn well tell you he didnt need it.  he worked his ass off to provide the life we had, and when he died, he didnt leave multi millions, but he had plenty to live at least another 40+ years with no help.

my father came from a very poor family, but he built himself up from the ground up.  NO help from anyone

Quoting NNB:

Why is that a bad thing?

Quoting TeamTARDIS:

My Parents live in a million dollar home and have private pensions they pay taxes quarterly (and they are in their 80's) you can BET they use medicare as their primary insurance, and collect their SS money. IT IS THEIRS they PAID for it.

Who the hell wouldn't use a medical insurance plan they had paid into for a half of a century?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 10, 2013 at 7:36 AM

Yeah sure lets cut social security, After all those people did pay into it for all their lives. Taking from the rich for Social security will only benefit them later when it is their turn to collect!!!! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 10, 2013 at 7:36 AM
2 moms liked this
It's pa on a grander scale. What's good about it? The fact that someone makes good financial decisions shouldn't mean they have to pay for those who don't.

Quoting NNB:

Why is that a bad thing?

Quoting TeamTARDIS:

NNB
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 7:37 AM
1 mom liked this

So Working your ass off is the kind of life you want? Do you really think that we NEED to have every dam person working every hour god sends to make things function... no, it's all profit, while you're slaving away you're making some one else rich! Cool!

And, most of the people on these assistants are working hard but can't make ends meet, due to tax and unnecessary high prices.

Quoting AJsMom81507:

Quoting NNB:

Why is that a bad thing?

Quoting TeamTARDIS:

AJsMom81507
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 7:37 AM
3 moms liked this

i have read plenty of young and able people who get both, because they "qualify" with a disability, when in fact they can work.

if you raise taxes on said issues, raise it across the board.  why should the rich pay more?  totally not fair.

if it's 10% it should be 10% across the board, not 10% for those who make under $100K and 25% for those who make above

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting AJsMom81507:

the people who are on medicare and social security are the elderly and they will die soon anyway.  shitty way of puttin it yea, but its the truth, and those who are young and able enough, but are still on the above, should not be entitled to shit, well maybe the shit i put on a plate for them.

sorry, but it's typical, lets steal from the rich, so more ppl can sit on their fat asses and mooch

Young and able people can't GET SS or medicare. You have to qualify by age or disability.

And the dependents of someone who was eligible for SS can get money( if the parent dies)-until they graduate from high school.  Not like a 5 year old can get a job. AND THEY collect at the rate the deceased paid in at. So if Daddy earned less, kid gets less.

Not sure why that isn't a pretty damned good system, actually.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN