Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i just weighed myself...

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 7:35 AM
  • 8 Replies

and it was a really dumb freaking move. i have been avoiding it, because i knew i had gained some weight, but i didnt realize i had gained THIS much. i have never been this heavy except for after giving birth. i am so depressed. it is disgusting. 

Proud mom of an ornery 3 year old boy, a very smart 6 year old girl! Married for 4.5 years, together for 7! Fun loving, open-minded, eco-friendly, creative,friendly, different strokes work for different folks, lady! I stay at home, work at home, love it all!

by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 7:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
krissy920
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 7:41 AM

take the disgust for yourself and  use it as a positive instead of a negative. If you are  gaining weight due to not  working out, do jumping jacks during every commercial or sit ups,maybe squats. If its because you  over eat, weigh your food.  Dont get discouraged you  are in control of your life and if there is will there is a way. After my son was born i gave up on myself and let myself go. I hated myself. I lost 40 pounds and  i felt fabulous. Ill never be  what i was before kids, but im happy where im at now. I think we should all be able to be happy in our skin. Hugs and i hope you feel better soon.

itsm3
by Platinum Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 7:42 AM

so then do something about it and change it!  use it as a catalyst to lose weight and get healthy.

lauren.m
by Platinum Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 7:46 AM
1 mom liked this
I had that moment when I stepped on the scale and it said 235!! I was so upset. I couldn't believe I had gotten that heavy. I started watching how much I ate and working out I am down to 165 still 30 lbs to go but if I can do it so can you :)
seemommyrun
by Sue daNim on Apr. 10, 2013 at 7:51 AM
1 mom liked this

Step away from the scale!! 

The numbers will mess with your head.  Can you try to go by how you're feeling, your energy level and the way your clothes fit?  I think it's so easy to get hung uo on a number, you know?

Des10ed2b
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:06 AM

Quoting itsm3:

so then do something about it and change it!  use it as a catalyst to lose weight and get healthy.

thats the thing. i AM a pretty healthy person. i dont eat fast food, i dont drink soda, i dont eat potato chips or any of that junk. yesterday i ate oatmeal, apple slices, 2 tangerines, a green bell pepper, a kiwi, raisins, etc. Yes, i also had a few not healthy options (a bowl of cinnamon toast crunch), but as a whole i am pretty healthy! 

i know it is because i havent had time to work out. i started going back to school again and have been ridiculously straped for time. i guess i am going to have to start doing my flash cards while i do the stairs!

Proud mom of an ornery 3 year old boy, a very smart 6 year old girl! Married for 4.5 years, together for 7! Fun loving, open-minded, eco-friendly, creative,friendly, different strokes work for different folks, lady! I stay at home, work at home, love it all!

starlight91
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:07 AM

I did that recently, I knew I had put on some weight, turns out I put on 30 lbs, Im using it as a jump-start, Im working out to Zumba on the Wii, Im walking 3 dogs, Im doing the 30 day squat challenge.. Gear yourself up and you can loose it all for the summer...

itsm3
by Platinum Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:53 AM

if you dont eat enough, you can also put on weight.  i'm not saying you dont eat enough but if you're only snacking here and there and not getting in your macronutrients, that causes your metabolism to slow to a crawl.  it's good that you don't eat junk on a regular basis but you must eat healthy fresh foods reguarly to keep your metabolism going.

as for exercise -- you just have to find the time.  i work full time and have a famly to care for so the only time i could fit exercise in is first thing in the morning...which means i wake up every morning (M-Sat) at 445am to workout for 5am.  it sucks and it can be hard some days but it needs to be done.  you don't have to spend hours working out; a 30-45min HIIT cardio or weight training session will do.  i don't have more than 1hr to workout so all of my workouts are interval training and i kill myself to exhaustion/failure duing those 45mins. 

Quoting Des10ed2b:

Quoting itsm3:

thats the thing. i AM a pretty healthy person. i dont eat fast food, i dont drink soda, i dont eat potato chips or any of that junk. yesterday i ate oatmeal, apple slices, 2 tangerines, a green bell pepper, a kiwi, raisins, etc. Yes, i also had a few not healthy options (a bowl of cinnamon toast crunch), but as a whole i am pretty healthy! 

i know it is because i havent had time to work out. i started going back to school again and have been ridiculously straped for time. i guess i am going to have to start doing my flash cards while i do the stairs!

acbbsmama
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:55 AM
Throw the scale away and only use measurements. Your weight on a scale can be so misleading.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN