Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

if your child has a Step dad

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My bf and I have been talking a lot about getting married. He is really starting to freak out about the whole step dad issue though. Dd is three. Her dad gets her mondays around 3 from daycare and drops her off Tuesday at 4 at my moms (I don't get off work until 5). This is his choice, we dont have a formal visitation schedule and he has the open door to see her whenever he wants too.
Bf is getting really anxious about his role in dds life. Right now dd is crazy about him. I have even left them alone together for an hr or two just to give them time together and came home to find them playing and having a blast. I tried to explain to him that dd is so young, he IS going to be a major force in her life, he will pretty much be raising her. she will be with is six days a week. He is also worried about how things wkll change if we have another child. I just don't knkw what to tell him to help ease his mind on this. BTW he doesn't have any kids.

If you got remarried, how did it all work with your kids?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:01 AM
Replies (21-21):
trailerrrtrash
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:26 AM

When we got together, DH had 6 kids and I had 4. My kids were 6, 5,3, and 2 when we started dating. We have a 2 yr old together now. Everybody LOVES her, she is the most protected and loved little sister in the world lol

And my kids love their stepdad. We have had some harder times, we have had to work out some kinks as far as discipline goes...but it's all good. :) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured