Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't see why y'all so happy to work so much! **UPDATE**

Posted by   + Show Post

I really don't. I don't see why any one would want to work 7 days a week to support their family?
And why you would then say this system is great.. The old line that there are oppurtunites for everyone is ridiculous, because there really isn't. That's why so many people go to university, end up not being able to get their job and get a minimum wage job, not make ends meet and be assualted for needing help to survive... bearing in mind that they work full time, thats ALOT of hours

Are you really going to be happy, even if you're not on PA, dieing knowing that all you did was work work and work just to make ends meet? weather you're wealthy or poor, what quality of life is that? Why would you want this? Why do you argue to keep this?

It's just wrong. And then you all stand and support the rich, they people who work very little, holiday for most of the year and you stand and defend them. Wow. It's just unbelievable!

Wow, you all are a fiery lot! Any way

FYI.. i'm not on PA

Pretty much ALL of you missed the point to be honest... but that's ok, according to you all i'm the stupid one :/ being as you all want to work and that's how u love spending your life.

Thank you for all the lovely insults and name calling thrown my way, while you guys had fun doing that I was out enjoying the weather :)

One last point. I really think humanity has hit an all time low being that every one is so selfish and you all just think of your selves. Do you realise 1 million families are now homeless in Americe? But that's ok, because oppurtunites are there for everyone... smdh!

You ladies are not nice people, it's amazing how many resulted to name calling, yes, I have a very different oppinion to a lot of you, but you should try and understand what it is I am saying before you get all defensive!

by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:08 AM
Replies (11-20):
starlight91
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:14 AM
1 mom liked this

Being an adult and taking responsibility for your family , working to support them is how it is supposed to work..

Btw , if there wasnt us who get up every day and go to work and pay our taxes, there would be no money for those of you who chose to sit and home and collect our tax dollars..

thetrollcat
by Meow on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:15 AM
7 moms liked this

well a few things about your mentality that is flawed.

First let's start with LAZY. While I dig some people are flat ass LAZY and have no desire to work they are also SELFISH. Those that work are not in it for only themselves but to make the world go around. CLEARLY from your post you are more of a SELFISH self centered type of person, and that is ok thats probably why you are SAHM and that attitude is fitting for your position.

I was a dance teacher for many years I LOVED IT, it was not just WORK and make ends meet and this and that. I provided a service for CHILDREN of SAHM and children like YOURS. But since your mentality is that we are stupid and dumb for providing these services perhaps all women with dance studios should either ban people like you or just shut down and you can teach your own damn kids.

BETTER YET, since working people are stupid assholes wasting their time next time you find something wrong with you or your children medically wise, perhaps you will re-think how dumb stupid and pointless it is for someone to WORK 7 days a week as a doctor saving yours or your child's life. Or better yet maybe they can refuse service or you can just deal with your illness and let it run its course even if it means death.

Ya, there was so much logic in your rambling bullshit..... I couldnt keep up

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:16 AM
Every situation is different, you are lumping "everyone" together. Some people really enjoy their jobs and want/can/are willing to work 7 days a week. Dh has 2 jobs, one full time and one part time (only 2 nights a week), to help our landlord at her store in exchange for our gas bill. We can afford it regardless but dh enjoys helping our landlord in her tough time and it works out well for us.
audreesmama
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:16 AM
Ok, I thought it was just me. I have no fucking clue what op is bitching about.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting NNB:

Way to avoid the statement!

Quoting Anonymous:

Get a job.

Here: Your three paragraph polemic is dumb, naive, and makes frequent use of stupid platitudes. In the end you don't really say much at all, actually. 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tmeg71
by Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:16 AM
1 mom liked this

Some people don't work to make ends meet.  I could very well stay at home and scrub things and play with hot glue guns, but I choose to work in a family business that will be mine within the next few years.  Even though I work my ass off, it has absolutely nothing to do with the paycheck, and everything to do with the people and community I serve.  You make it sound as if you don't believe anyone can possibly be passionate about their work.  That's pretty sad.

:P>-|o:

KelliansMom
by Platinum Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:16 AM

My husband works 12 hours days seven days a week, but thats bc he travels for work and if he is not home he would rather be working. He hates to sit in his hotel room or corporate apartment by himself for hours. Getting all that extra overtime makes it work him being gone 

highlandmum
by Spunky on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:19 AM

My husband and I work so we can have the life we want.  I want my children to have opportunities and I am willing to work hard to provide it for them.  On average I work 44 hours per week and have every weekend off.  My quality of live is great I get to spend time with my children, they are in the activities they love, we travel as a family, and when they go to university they will do so without the worry of owing money. 

Why would you not want to be able to provide these items for your family.  As for the rick not working much - I have a very good friend whose father was a executive for a big bank (Canada) and I will tell you he worked hard for the money he earned, between travel, long hours (12 hours + a day), training and other items he spent a lot of time away from his family.

justinnaimee
by Platinum Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:20 AM
Everyone I know that has money works a ton of hours. Or at least they did in the beginning of their career.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:20 AM
Well I'm willing to put in a few years of hardwork. I will get my career. I will be a sahm and go to school very soon to get a career I want. I will retire with dignity. And the past 6 years of hard work and long hours I put in has been worth it. It's worth it when I pay for our vacation. When I look at my account and go buy something for me or my kids.
I agree this should never be a long term thing. It sucks to slave your life away and have nothing to show. But trust me. I have plenty to show for it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:20 AM
1 mom liked this
I'll keep working my 40 hr/week job while living on PA as well. I bet I'll have happier kids because they actually get to see me and spend way more time with me. I'm always looking for something that pays better, but I WON'T EVER get a 2nd job. My kids don't care that we eat PA food. IT LOOKS SMELLS AND TASTES LIKE ANY OTHER HEALTHY NON PA FOOD. My kids do care however, that their mommy gets to make wonderful memories with them.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured