Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't see why y'all so happy to work so much! **UPDATE**

Posted by   + Show Post

I really don't. I don't see why any one would want to work 7 days a week to support their family?
And why you would then say this system is great.. The old line that there are oppurtunites for everyone is ridiculous, because there really isn't. That's why so many people go to university, end up not being able to get their job and get a minimum wage job, not make ends meet and be assualted for needing help to survive... bearing in mind that they work full time, thats ALOT of hours

Are you really going to be happy, even if you're not on PA, dieing knowing that all you did was work work and work just to make ends meet? weather you're wealthy or poor, what quality of life is that? Why would you want this? Why do you argue to keep this?

It's just wrong. And then you all stand and support the rich, they people who work very little, holiday for most of the year and you stand and defend them. Wow. It's just unbelievable!

Wow, you all are a fiery lot! Any way

FYI.. i'm not on PA

Pretty much ALL of you missed the point to be honest... but that's ok, according to you all i'm the stupid one :/ being as you all want to work and that's how u love spending your life.

Thank you for all the lovely insults and name calling thrown my way, while you guys had fun doing that I was out enjoying the weather :)

One last point. I really think humanity has hit an all time low being that every one is so selfish and you all just think of your selves. Do you realise 1 million families are now homeless in Americe? But that's ok, because oppurtunites are there for everyone... smdh!

You ladies are not nice people, it's amazing how many resulted to name calling, yes, I have a very different oppinion to a lot of you, but you should try and understand what it is I am saying before you get all defensive!

by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:08 AM
Replies (21-30):
honeyrder
by Platinum Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:22 AM

I don't see where you're getting the 7 days a week thing. Are there a lot of posts that I haven't seen with people complaining about working 7 days a week? Or their husbands working 7 days a week? Aren't the chicks sitting on their asses at home happy about that anyway?

LAXmom21
by Platinum Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:22 AM
1 mom liked this
But do you work? If not then I think you are missing the OPs point. Some people have both parents working and barely have a day off. It's different if one parent is home.
My DH was laid off after 20 years. He started his own business 10 years ago. Unfortunately, the economy his business VERY hard and still is. But he works his ass off. I was just laid off last month. I have a bachelors, graduate work and have apples to a million jobs, nothing. We won't move, my youngest is a sophomore and on his way to a D3 partial scholarship, the housing prices declined so much I wouldn't even break even on my house and his business is based here. So tell me how to MAKE MY OEN OPPORTUNITIES please?

Quoting Anonymous:

My DH busts his ass to provide for us. He doesn't work 7 days but he works 6. Sometimes 70 and 80 hours a week. We vacation, we do things as a family. There is time for work and time for play. But he takes his resposibility for his family seriosuly. Are we rich? No, but we are provided for, on our own, with no help from anyone. If you don't think there is opportunity for everyone, that is sad. MAKE YOUR OWN OPPORTUNITES! That's what made America the country that all other countries wanted to be. That has been lost. People want to sit around and wait on someone else to make their dreams come true. It is sad!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
smushy79
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:22 AM
1 mom liked this

Not everything is equal but I sure as hell am not going to come down on someone who has large amounts of money if they got it by hard work and success.

Quoting NNB:

thats my point! But they still stand and support the people who have all the money! Why? why do that...

Quoting audreesmama:

Some people have no choice.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:24 AM
3 moms liked this

Ah the myth of the lazy wealthy. Let's see the man I know who was worth 40 million worked from 8:30-4:30 5 days a week. but then he was 85 years old and had been working since he was 15.

He worked those same hours when he was 70-and undergoing treatment for cancer (minus a 2 hour break for his treatment twice a week)

Lazy rich?

audreesmama
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:25 AM
Wait wait wait...are you jealous?? Is that what this is all about?!

Quoting NNB:

thats my point! But they still stand and support the people who have all the money! Why? why do that...

Quoting audreesmama:

Some people have no choice.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lwalker270
by Ruby Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:26 AM

Not everyone has to work seven days a week to make ends meet and still don't need PA.  

There are opportunities out there, you have to be willing to work for them.  I don't personally know a single college graduate who is working a minimum-wage job.  Not one.

The wealthy people I know most certainly do work -- that's how they came to be wealthy in the first place and while they do take holidays, it's not all year.

thenameshailie
by Ruby Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:31 AM

OP, totally off topic but I think from what I gather from your posts that you must be in the UK somewhere....Is porridge(no idea if that is the correct spelling) the same thing as oatmeal?

illogicalkat
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:32 AM

I know plenty of adults (myself included) who only graduated High School and are doing quite well. Of course, it took 15 years, 3 inter-state moves and several jobs to get where I am. Everything I have, though, I earned myself.

I completely agree that there are opportunities out there.

Quoting lwalker270:

Not everyone has to work seven days a week to make ends meet and still don't need PA.  

There are opportunities out there, you have to be willing to work for them.  I don't personally know a single college graduate who is working a minimum-wage job.  Not one.

The wealthy people I know most certainly do work -- that's how they came to be wealthy in the first place and while they do take holidays, it's not all year.

SnapIt
by Ruby Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:33 AM
Hate to tell you, but you have no clue.

""And then you all stand and support the rich, they people who work very little, holiday for most of the year"""

Those who do have it $$$ and i know of some, work their asses off all the time to enjoy those holidays.
If you arent in that boat you wouldnt know, so youre just judging by what you think you know.

You dont get rich by sitting on your ass
There is no lift to success
You have to take the stairs

That means walking "a lot" of steps
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:33 AM
It took me almost 2 years to find and get a job and I still have to drive an hour to work. I agree that there aren't opportunities out there for everyone. Lack of businesses, no public transportation, and hiring freezes (the first and last we can thank the president for, in our little mom and pop area). In those 2 years my husband has carried 3 jobs and non stop working all to help with bills. I know what it is like to struggle so if you need PA, take it. I would rather someone be able to spend atleast 2 days a week with their family than work nonstop and put the family on the back burner.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured