Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

"I Need Drugs to Babysit your Kid. She Sexually Assaulted My Son" (UPDATE) *Big ETA*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 247 Replies

This is what I wanna say to a friend of mine. 

I agreed to watch her 3 year old and 8 month old 3-4 times a week, from 7am-4:30pm for 15 dollars a day, she provides diapers, wipes, and the baby's food. 

I am really cutting her a break here. 

Well, her 3 year old will not listen to a word I say, she bullies my 3 year old, and yesterday, she was on top of my son.

They were playing in the playroom, so I let them be, but I stayed in ear and eyeshot. I heard her tell him to give her a kiss. I thought is was no biggie. Well, she kept saying it, so I went in to check, and she was on top of my son, pinning his arms above his head and was leaning down with her mouth open. I kicked the door in and yelled at her to get off my son. It was all I could do to not hurt the child. I picked up my son and held him. 

I made her spend the rest of the day on the couch with no TV. 

To make it worse, her mother sends her stepdad to pick her up, at 6:30PM, 2 hours past our agreed time. I didn't get a chance to tell the mother what happened because the stepfather was in a hurry out the door, and didn't even pay me extra for the two hours. They pick them up an hour or two late every time. 

I am on Xanax for anxiety. In 3 months, I have only taken one pill. I take it as needed. Yesterday, after that incident, I had to take 2, then I had to take another 3 more throughout the day to keep myself calm. 

I do not hate children, but I seriously hate this child. She is here today and has done nothing but backtalk, yell at me, and yell at my son. I put her in the playroom all by herself with activities to keep her busy and my son is with me, playing Kinect. 

I am talking to the mother tonight about the incident, and telling her that if she wants me to keep babysitting, she needs to modify her child's behavior, and be on time, or pay me for overtime. 15 dollars a day for 2 kids is cheaper than anything she would find. Another 5 for being two hours late is more than reasonable. 

Vent over. 

No, I would never seriously harm a child. But what she did yesterday had me in mama bear attack mode. And yes, if I need to cool off, my husband is usually here to help, as he works early mornings.

So today was definitely the last straw. She hit my Special needs DD with a toy, then when I was changing her sister's diaper, she grabbed my DS's jumper that he was in and started shaking it (my DS is 8 months old) and to top it all off, she grabbed my other DS (the one she previously assaulted) on the penis. I was about to throw her ass through a wall. She was wearing a dress and kept walking around pulling it up, telling everyone to look. I made her put on a pair of shorts and told her that what she was doing was wrong, and she told me not to tell her what to do.

I told the mother I was not watching that child anymore because she needed help, that she was abusing my children.

Mother denied it, so whatever. I won't let her child do these things to my kids. I can not be with them every second of the day. I have to make meals, change diapers, etc. My house is a wreck because I can't trust that little girl for five minutes so I can do some dishes.

Oh, and the mother was 2 hours late again yesterday. I am done.

ETA-I watch other kids all the time, never had a problem. When I took the child away from the other children, she was not ignored. She had activities to do to keep her busy.

Maybe I didn't handle it the best, but my concern was for my child. 

This child shares a room with her parents, so I don't believe it is abuse, but accidental exposure. Plus, her aunt that used to watch her watches a lot of soap operas with the child. Her aunt can't watch her anymore because she is bedridden with cancer. 

And grabbing a penis is assault. If she didn't know it was wrong, why would she try to hide it?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 10, 2013 at 10:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 10, 2013 at 10:52 AM

shameless bump

elkmomma
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 10:59 AM
2 moms liked this

Ummmm ....  You definitely need to talk to the mother about what you saw and heard.  It sound like there may be more going on than you know.  Those are not actions or words a typical 3yo says or does and it's a fr cry from just the normal curiosity small kids go through.

leakymommy
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 11:01 AM
Yikes. I'm sorry. I have been through this. It never ever ends well. I would suggest giving her a week to find new childcare or give you a raise!!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
princeessville
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 11:01 AM
1 mom liked this
Stop wstching the kids
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 10, 2013 at 11:03 AM

I will definitely be talking to her. 

They just moved and where they had been staying at, the whole family shared a bedroom. I am thinking maybe the girl was awake and caught her mom and stepdad in the act a couple times, or maybe saw it on TV. At least, that is what I am hoping. 

When she is here, if I let them watch any TV at all (I hardly let my own kids watch TV) it stays on Disney Jr. 

Other than that, if the TV is on, it is because the kids are playing Kinect Disney Just Dance. 

Quoting elkmomma:

Ummmm ....  You definitely need to talk to the mother about what you saw and heard.  It sound like there may be more going on than you know.  Those are not actions or words a typical 3yo says or does and it's a fr cry from just the normal curiosity small kids go through.

angevil53
by Platinum Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 11:03 AM
Just stop. Do you really need the money? Unless it's putting food on the table stop.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 10, 2013 at 12:26 PM

I think I may. This kid just doesn't know when to stop. My own kids do not treat me this bad. 

Quoting angevil53:

Just stop. Do you really need the money? Unless it's putting food on the table stop.

angevil53
by Platinum Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 1:23 PM
I did it at the gym. It was 4hrs every week for a free membership for dh and me. The last night i did it i felt so horrible. They treated me so poorly. It was only a couple of kids that i had trouble with too. But it was just too much for me. I couldn't do it.

Quoting Anonymous:

I think I may. This kid just doesn't know when to stop. My own kids do not treat me this bad. 

Quoting angevil53:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 11, 2013 at 8:53 AM

bump for update

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 11, 2013 at 8:57 AM
2 moms liked this
5 xanax during that time frame is way too much
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)