Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

really? you got suspended?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 26 Replies

my son and his friends got their hair dyed last week during spring break, no big deal their school rules say nothing about "extreme" hair styles. so its the 3rd day of school back from spring break and my son calls me and says "me and Alison got suspended because of our hair" i say "how did only you and Alison get suspended? your whole group of friends got their hair dyed!" apparently they got a new security guard at school and my son pissed him off laughing at something this morning so he told the principal my son and Alison's hair was distracting everyone else...so i went to the school and tried to figure out what the problem was....my son and Alison were doing a skit from a performance they saw on youtube and it was making everyone laugh, then him and Alison started singing the ending song from the performance and the ending song isnt even bad it says stupid in it *GASP* apparently the security guard didnt find the skit funny.....thats literally the only thing my son and Alison did this morning before getting called up to the office and getting suspended......ugh now i get to keep my son home until next week....his pissed off because he has to cut his fohawk....it took him a year to get it as long as it was, Alison cant even cut her hair because her whole head is dyed red...not even a bright red like my ds's, hers is a red that fades to mousy brown/red

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 10, 2013 at 11:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cfcf
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 11:51 AM
Oh we'll. life sucks sometimes and isn't fair, it's a good lesson to share :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Lizardannie1966
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 11:53 AM

A). Make sure you check out the school rules on hairstyles once again, and especially dye jobs. Many schools do not allow children to dye their hair, especially in extreme colors.

B). Talk to the security guard to get the other side of the story.

Quoting Anonymous:

my son and his friends got their hair dyed last week during spring break, no big deal their school rules say nothing about "extreme" hair styles. so its the 3rd day of school back from spring break and my son calls me and says "me and Alison got suspended because of our hair" i say "how did only you and Alison get suspended? your whole group of friends got their hair dyed!" apparently they got a new security guard at school and my son pissed him off laughing at something this morning so he told the principal my son and Alison's hair was distracting everyone else...so i went to the school and tried to figure out what the problem was....my son and Alison were doing a skit from a performance they saw on youtube and it was making everyone laugh, then him and Alison started singing the ending song from the performance and the ending song isnt even bad it says stupid in it *GASP* apparently the security guard didnt find the skit funny.....thats literally the only thing my son and Alison did this morning before getting called up to the office and getting suspended......ugh now i get to keep my son home until next week....his pissed off because he has to cut his fohawk....it took him a year to get it as long as it was, Alison cant even cut her hair because her whole head is dyed red...not even a bright red like my ds's, hers is a red that fades to mousy brown/red

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 10, 2013 at 11:53 AM

Quoting cfcf:

lol what lesson is that? dont do a skit that'll piss off the security guard?

honestly none of the teachers or security guards cared at all until today

VannaMae307
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 11:54 AM

Life's a bitch and not always fair. They can build their individuality in other ways.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 10, 2013 at 11:55 AM

iv looked 4 times and theres nothing at all, this high school is pretty lax the only thing the dont allow is bellies and under wear showing

i did talk to the security guard and he said "they were being idiots,singing about bold and stupid men and dumb crap like that" 

Quoting Lizardannie1966:

A). Make sure you check out the school rules on hairstyles once again, and especially dye jobs. Many schools do not allow children to dye their hair, especially in extreme colors.

B). Talk to the security guard to get the other side of the story.

Quoting Anonymous:

LAXmom21
by Ruby Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 11:56 AM
I am so glad out school doesn't suspend or even care about hair styles or dye jobs. Personally I don't think it's the schools business but if I were you I would check the rules again or ask where it states the hair rule.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sheramom4
by Ruby Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 11:56 AM
1 mom liked this

If they didn't violate any rules, fight the suspension and cutting his hair. Go to the school board. The security guard not having a sense of humor should not lead to a suspension.

cfcf
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 11:57 AM
The lesson is, sometimes shit happens. Why did you mention their hair color if it was the skit that got them suspended? Did the security guard ask them to stop and they didn't?

I tend to believe adults over children in matters like this. Just sayin.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting cfcf:

lol what lesson is that? dont do a skit that'll piss off the security guard?

honestly none of the teachers or security guards cared at all until today

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 10, 2013 at 11:57 AM

Quoting VannaMae307:

Life's a bitch and not always fair. They can build their individuality in other ways.

if the school had a rule about not having extreme hair styles/colors id agree with you, but my son and Alison werent the only ones with their hair dyed, 10 other kids(my sons friends) also have their hair dyed various colors

thetrollcat
by Meow on Apr. 10, 2013 at 11:58 AM

lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)