Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can they do this to us? (daycare related)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies

Well, I am having a very hard time at work. They have cut my hours and have only been scheduling me 2 days a week, BUT I have been picking up shifts from other employees for several extra days so that I work 4-5 days weekly.

I had my boss write out the schedule and the additional hours that I have been working and sign it. I sent it in and the case worker said she needed something more official, like the actual printed schedule. Which ALWAYS shows me scheduled 2 weekdays. I sent that in and wrote on there that I have been picking up extra shifts and had my manager sign. She said that this was unacceptable, because on the printed schedule, there was only 2 days and that I could possibly be using my daycare for leisure. I had my boss sign and her card.
My boss will NOT make a fake schedule with me working 5 days a week for her. The worker said that I must work 4 8 hour shifts a week or I will lose my assistance. I can't afford a babysitter and my family has nothing to do with DD. :( What do I do? I need the money!

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 10, 2013 at 12:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Apr. 10, 2013 at 12:07 PM

wierd. my canadian daycare subsidies when I used it only needed the previous 2 paychecks

marie2409
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 12:07 PM
2 moms liked this
Go to her supervisor?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Sunshine257
by Ruby Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 12:08 PM
I don't know. What a crappy situation! Good luck.
Lizard_Lina
by Platinum Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 12:10 PM
That's weird. I've never heard of them being able to just cut your assistance for lack of hours. Here they give you an average of hours you can use.
DragonInfinity
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 12:10 PM

That's weird? Go above her, what you and your boss has done should be enough to keep you daycare assistance.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safety in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming, "WOO HOO, what a ride!!!"

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 10, 2013 at 12:12 PM

Who would be above her? I have never dealt with DHS, and I hate asking for assistance, but her daycare is so expensive!

Quoting DragonInfinity:

That's weird? Go above her, what you and your boss has done should be enough to keep you daycare assistance.

im_not_trollin
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 12:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Get a copy of your time card or pay stubs since they show hours worked.... I wouldn't make a fake schedule for you either, but I would give you a copy of your time card and even call the case worker myself if requested.

Lalalie
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 12:19 PM

Time card?
Pay check stub?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 10, 2013 at 12:20 PM

I brought my paycheck stubs in at our appointment! She printed out copies. I don';t get it.

Quoting Lalalie:

Time card?
Pay check stub?

bc19
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 12:22 PM

I would ask to speak with her manager. That isn't right.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured