Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

UPDATE IN CPS AND SIL...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies

ive posted inthe past about my sils neglect and abuse and how the child is left to scream and cry in the mornings wet/dirty/ hungry for up to five hours because mom wants to sleep in. thisalong with countless other things ive posted about  the situation  finally has an update. i mentioned in my last post sil was being investigated by CPS. well cps was to give her a drug test. sil went out  and bought one and failed so her father got her detox stuff to drink. she then cleaned the toxic waste dump known as hers and the babys rooms and even put  outlet plugs in and baby proofed the house like it should be (16 1/2 months later)...and she text me this morning that CPS didnt take the baby.  that the woman forgot to bring her drug test and sil had to go to thier office some time today to take it. sil in now there with the baby taking the test ( she has to take it by 1pm or the detox stuff wears off apparently) she texted me asking about an injury on  baby thumb ..that i know  nothing about (other then the child is teething so bad and had no teethers so she chews her hands all day) well she just called  she passed the test  but there was a faded line under thc,  cps asked if shes done any tcs products and sil admitted it. cps then said ok ill give this to your case worker have a nice day... and thats it shes now on her way here to hang out because i take the baby to my daughters behavioral therapy classes with me. ....cps said if she tests positive in 30 days they MAY take the baby. but sil is on unsupervised probation so she could be violated if her officer wants to. so once again the system fails our children in this country.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 10, 2013 at 1:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
nicolemead91
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 1:54 PM
Omg!! Soo sad, poor baby!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
EvaTheDiva29
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 1:57 PM

cps is useless. if she admits to stuff to you, i would find a recorder and record the time shes at your house. ask her questions, but not obvious ones. take it to the cps office. 

bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Apr. 10, 2013 at 1:57 PM

you could always call her caseworker and let her know what you just told us.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 10, 2013 at 1:58 PM

Those tests usually test possitive if you use a 'detox' thing.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 10, 2013 at 2:03 PM

CPS workers want to do what is in the best interest of the child. I would bet that drug test wasn't forgotten, the SW just wanted more control of the test.

Judges are all about the letter of the law.

The two don't always work well together.  I can not tell how many times I did an emergency removal, and the court denied a long term or permanet removal.   I can not tell you how many times I could clearly see the parent(s) only needed a helping hand or access to programs, the court ruled differently.

If I don't keep going back and trying who will?

The CPS worker still has a chance to have the probation officer violate her. However the probation officer proably has a greater caseload than the CPS sw.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 10, 2013 at 2:03 PM
My dh tests positive for thc every time and he's never smoked weed in his life! I wonder though if his mom did while pregnant with him she would do something that stupid!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 10, 2013 at 2:04 PM

Poor kid. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Apr. 10, 2013 at 2:08 PM
I'm sorry. That's definitely a bad situation. I hope that something good happens our that she will realize neglect she is giving her child and change. Good luck.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Apr. 10, 2013 at 2:25 PM
It's shitty how they cheat the system.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)