Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What information do I need to call CPS. OMG MAJOR UPDATE!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 117 Replies
5 moms liked this
My 12 yr old dd was talking to me about a friend of hers. She told me this poor girl is beat on a daily basis by her mother and her mother is an alcoholic and is passed out everyday. She said this girls grandmother even slaps her around. My dd said her and another friend has gone to the principal numerous times about it and nothing has been done. I know this girls mom and I believe this girl, this lady is a drug abuser and has always been an alcoholic.

I only know this lady's name. I don't know her address or where she lives, my dd has her phone number but that's all we have. I even tried to look her up in the phone book and on the Internet, nothing.

What information do I need to have in order to contact CPS and get this girl some help?

Update: I got busy with my kids so I didn't get a chance to update.

I called CPS and gave them all the information I knew. I told them everything that my dd told me.. Everything. I hope this girl can get some help. I hope they don't find out it was me. Those claiming this girl could be making it up, I highly doubt it. I've been around this child numerous times, I can tell something just isn't quite right. Also, as I've said, I have known this lady for years. She is a known alcoholic, you don't wreck 5+ cars while drink and not be known as an alcoholic. She gets down right angry when drunk, I've witnessed it a lot of times, when I was younger before kids. So, the chances of this,girl making up the abuse it slim.

As to whether or not the school DID report it, it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't. This school sweeps severe bullying under the rug. The principal, superintendent and half the school board sucks. You can not talk to them, they will NOT listen to your concerns and defend each other. I would know, I've had to deal with them lots of times.

Lets keep this poor girl in our thoughts and hope she gets the help she needs.

Update; this poor girls mom passed away Friday. She had 3 types of diabetes and she got a blood clot in her lung. I was shocked, I couldn't believe it. I checked Facebook and sure enough it's true. She was only 32 years old. My dd said the little girl acted like she didn't even care her mom just died. The abuse was horrible. The little girl is going to be living with her aunt. Her aunt is a wonderful mom and sweet person. Please keep this little girl in your thoughts and prayers. I'm sure ill be called a troll but I don't care.

Is there anything I could do for her?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 10, 2013 at 3:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 3:49 PM
1 mom liked this
Give as much information as you can, they can find her
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 10, 2013 at 3:49 PM
3 moms liked this
Just the childs name and school. Any other info is a bonus, but they can figure the rest out.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 10, 2013 at 3:51 PM
1 mom liked this
Thanks. I know the girls name, moms name and phone number. I hope this is enough.
Jenn8604
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 3:51 PM
6 moms liked this
Give the name and phone number they can find her and also if u can give the dates your dd and her friend talked to the principal he can be in trouble for NOT reporting it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elephantmamaof2
by Ruby Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 3:51 PM
5 moms liked this

Her name and school should be good enough. BUT I would also have a chat with the principal. They are mandated reporters, why aren't they doing anything about it? They legally HAVE to!

beetleswife1313
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 3:52 PM

I dont think you need much to get it started.  Just one small claim.

bowribbonmama
by Ruby Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 3:52 PM
1 mom liked this
If you give the schools name that'll work. If they contact the school the school is legally required to give them the address.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
willysmama
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 3:53 PM

Any info you have. They will first start their search more than likely at school

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 10, 2013 at 3:53 PM

You give them as much info as you can, they can go to the school & talk to the child there & get more info.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 10, 2013 at 3:53 PM
5 moms liked this

Contact the school principal and tell her she is a mandated reporter and if she doesn't report the issue, YOU will report HER to the school board.

The principal has all of the info needed-and she is legally required to report it-particularly if a parent (and not just the kids) has reported it to her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)