Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

That is sooo wrong...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 33 Replies
First of all, I am not a christian and will be the first to admit I have made "hell" jokes. In fact, I am perfectly aware that if there is a hell, I will be going there. That being said, making comments or even joking about someones dead child being in hell is completely unacceptable.

This woman I know, recently lost her son. He commited suicide as a result from bullying. She has now started several bullying awareness campaigns and an anti bullying charity. She just did a news conference about these programs and people are talking about it on facebook. Most comments are congratulations type comments, but then someone said, "I am sure, *childs name* is looking up at you, proud for what you are trying to accomplish and sorry he made the mistakes he did that condemned him to a lifetime in hell" Then all of a sudden people were agreeing and joking about her kid being in hell....

Am I the only one who finds this awful? I dont care if suicide is a "sin" and you believe that is where he is, but you dont tell a grieving mother that, nor joke about it. That is just fucking wrong IMO
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 10, 2013 at 4:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 4:05 PM
1 mom liked this
Only an asshole would do that
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KatrinaMae
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 4:07 PM
1 mom liked this
That is disgusting...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 10, 2013 at 4:09 PM
I know. It makes me sick to my stomach just thinking about how cruel people are. Uggh. This is probably where children learn their bullying from....
PerfectVirgo
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 4:10 PM
That's horrible! That poor mom. :(
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 10, 2013 at 4:11 PM
1 mom liked this
That is so hateful! People like that are just unbelievable. I feel so bad for that poor woman going through what she's going through after losing her son. People suck!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 10, 2013 at 4:12 PM
I know. I wish I had magic facebook powers to just delete the comments before she read them...

Quoting PerfectVirgo:

That's horrible! That poor mom. :(

3_girls_86
by Ruby Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 4:12 PM
That's horrible!
Moe1521
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 4:13 PM
That's sick. Even if that is their belief, they should not be further wounding the grieving mother.
happinessforyou
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 4:16 PM

I might have an opinion on just about everything- but I would never in a million years make a dumb-a$$ comment like that! People just suck sometimes.

Prayers to that kid and their family.

ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Apr. 10, 2013 at 4:17 PM

THat's horrible :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN