Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

no kids at a work celebration dinner??

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My husband is winning an award for the excellent job he's been doing at his company.

They're throwing a celebratory dinner for him, where he'll be presented with an award. Every had to RSVP to it, and he RSVP'd 7, with names and ages, assuming that me, his parents and our 3 kids could come. They just got back to him and let him know that these functions are adults only.

Does this seem outrageous to anyone else? Why shouldn't my kids be able to see their dad win an award, and see the value of his hard work? Furthermore, my parents live across the country, and if his parents go too then I have no one to watch the kids! Why shouldn't I get to go?

WWYD?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 10, 2013 at 7:58 PM
Replies (11-20):
chickens
by Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:06 PM

Seriously?

Bethsunshine
by Emerald Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:06 PM
17 moms liked this

Oh Lord, another " If my kids don't go, I don't go" post! Seriously, what is up with some of you people?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:06 PM
2 moms liked this
Wow. I bring my kids everywhere, and even I wouldn't think to bring them to a work event.
EachNewBreath
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:06 PM
1 mom liked this

so sad!!! IDK why when your husband spends so much time at work already that he cant alllow his family to come and see the fruit of his labor. He has ONE life not two! What happened to all of that bs about work place supporting family etc?

I can understand if they dont want EVERYONE ELSE to bring their children, but for HIS children to not be allowed is not OK! 

I say take them anyways!! Tell me that you misunderstood. :D 

Aslen
by Ruby Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:06 PM
4 moms liked this
Yeah I'm with the others. Work dinner=no kids! And his PARENTS?! Really??
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
crazygirl907
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:07 PM
3 moms liked this

I wouldn't have invited the parents, and it wouldn't even occur to me that kids were welcomed, especially if its a night time function. 

ColieO
by Ruby Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:07 PM
2 moms liked this
Lol.

It's work, not Chuck E Cheese.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jen_keiko
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:08 PM

it's a work event. make the best of it and re-frame it as a date night and enjoy the night off. i'm sure his parents won't mind baby sitting.

mamabearjkda
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:08 PM
4 moms liked this

Unless it is a family appreciation day leave the kids at home. There is a reason those are adults only, and generally there is champagne/wine/alcohol served at those events not only that but they are boring, most normal kids would get bored and start acting a fool. Do your kids a favor and leave them with the grandparents.

Jamie1972
by Ruby Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:08 PM

either find someone to watch the kids or dont go.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)