Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

no kids at a work celebration dinner??

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My husband is winning an award for the excellent job he's been doing at his company.

They're throwing a celebratory dinner for him, where he'll be presented with an award. Every had to RSVP to it, and he RSVP'd 7, with names and ages, assuming that me, his parents and our 3 kids could come. They just got back to him and let him know that these functions are adults only.

Does this seem outrageous to anyone else? Why shouldn't my kids be able to see their dad win an award, and see the value of his hard work? Furthermore, my parents live across the country, and if his parents go too then I have no one to watch the kids! Why shouldn't I get to go?

WWYD?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 10, 2013 at 7:58 PM
Replies (21-30):
Ayla-bellesmom
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Uh. Yeah. No.

Work functions are adults only unless it specifically states otherwise. "Family BBQ...etc"
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
thetrollcat
by Meow on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:09 PM
7 moms liked this

Omg wtf? ytou cannot live without your damn kids for one night?

LivysMama
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:09 PM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't have assumed that my children would be invited.
thetrollcat
by Meow on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:09 PM

maybe the ceremony is held at chucky cheese????

Quoting ColieO:

Lol.

It's work, not Chuck E Cheese.

~~~~~         =^..^=        ~~~~~
I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

It's wrong to be a bully with one exception. It's ok to bully those you THINK are a bully.

LilliesValley
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:09 PM
It's a work event not a school function or even a company picnic. There more likely than not Will be alcohol and lots of it. I guess inviting his parents is ok but I would have only thought the invite was for the work employee and spouse or so not the entire family. It's not that big of a deal, just have his parents watch your kids and if you really want to you can record it on your phone. Not everything needs to be family all the time. Date nights are nice too.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:10 PM
7 moms liked this
Lol how embarrassing...why would he invite the whole family to a work event unless it was a specific family event like a family day or picnic?
saraewhite
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:10 PM

This is a toss up! Depends on where they have it and if they say that children are welcome. For my husbands Christmas parties they were usually at a nice banquet hall with bar hopping afterwards except one year when we went to Action city andchildren were invited. Did you know where the dinner was going to beheld? Did your husband ask if children were allowed before RSVPing?

Logan_Bellasmom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:11 PM
1 mom liked this

most work functions like this is Adults only. People do not want to deal with other peoples kids.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Stop acting like a baby
illinoismommy83
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Leave his parents home to babysit then. Usually award banquets through an employer are for the employee and a spouse/date only. I'm shocked they'd let his parents come.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)