Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

no kids at a work celebration dinner??

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My husband is winning an award for the excellent job he's been doing at his company.

They're throwing a celebratory dinner for him, where he'll be presented with an award. Every had to RSVP to it, and he RSVP'd 7, with names and ages, assuming that me, his parents and our 3 kids could come. They just got back to him and let him know that these functions are adults only.

Does this seem outrageous to anyone else? Why shouldn't my kids be able to see their dad win an award, and see the value of his hard work? Furthermore, my parents live across the country, and if his parents go too then I have no one to watch the kids! Why shouldn't I get to go?

WWYD?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 10, 2013 at 7:58 PM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:15 PM
2 moms liked this

Oh & why are his parents even coming?  That is a bit ridiculous as well.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:15 PM
5 moms liked this
Well, they won't be going there. ;)

Quoting Anonymous:

It's an important award so parents are explicitly invited. I assumed that if parents were invited children would be too...

It's at a fancy restaurant. My kids are 6, 4 and 8 months. I don't have a babysitter I trust and don't feel comfortable leaving them with a stranger. And for whoever asked, yes, my kids go everywhere with me. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Then it's obvious. No sitter=no go.

Quoting Anonymous:

It's an important award so parents are explicitly invited. I assumed that if parents were invited children would be too...

It's at a fancy restaurant. My kids are 6, 4 and 8 months. I don't have a babysitter I trust and don't feel comfortable leaving them with a stranger. And for whoever asked, yes, my kids go everywhere with me. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Rude, much?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Seems unfair that my husband won't get to spend a proud moment with his wife and children...

Quoting Anonymous:

Then it's obvious. No sitter=no go.

Quoting Anonymous:

Bethsunshine
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:17 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

Unreasonable much?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:20 PM
1 mom liked this

How so? Shouldn't a self-proclaimed "family friendly" company consider that not every family can access or afford a sitter for an evening event?

Quoting Bethsunshine:

Quoting Anonymous:

Unreasonable much?

poietes
by Platinum Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:20 PM
If its at a fancy restaraunt Im betting they dont allow kids anyway.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ColieO
by Ruby Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:20 PM
1 mom liked this
A side of caviar with my pepperoni pizza please. Oooo tokens!

Quoting thetrollcat:

oh ya and a fancy evening gown :)

Quoting ColieO:

That'd be classy. Totally black tie worthy.

Quoting thetrollcat:

maybe the ceremony is held at chucky cheese????

Quoting ColieO:

Lol.

It's work, not Chuck E Cheese.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:21 PM
2 moms liked this

How is that rude when it is the truth? 

Kids are not invited, especially a fancy restaurant. 

We've had functions out of town that my kids couldn't go to, fact of life.  This is why parents need to have people they can trust w/their kids. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Rude, much?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN