Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

no kids at a work celebration dinner??

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My husband is winning an award for the excellent job he's been doing at his company.

They're throwing a celebratory dinner for him, where he'll be presented with an award. Every had to RSVP to it, and he RSVP'd 7, with names and ages, assuming that me, his parents and our 3 kids could come. They just got back to him and let him know that these functions are adults only.

Does this seem outrageous to anyone else? Why shouldn't my kids be able to see their dad win an award, and see the value of his hard work? Furthermore, my parents live across the country, and if his parents go too then I have no one to watch the kids! Why shouldn't I get to go?

WWYD?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 10, 2013 at 7:58 PM
Replies (591-592):
Diamepphyre
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:18 AM

Seriously.  Really mature, OP.  Not!  Grow up.  Find a babysitter and go support your husband and act like an adult instead of a self-entitled spoiled brat who thinks everyone ought to bend and do things her way.  That's not the way things work in the real world. 

Quoting Kaelaasmom:

Ah, yes, because martyrdom is always the way to go.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm not going. If my kids aren't welcome, neither am I. 

Quoting cutebaby06:

So, OP, I'm curious, what are you going to do?

Diamepphyre
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:20 AM
Amen! These events are usually limited to the employee and one guest for a multitude of reasons - one being cost, and another being the ability of the adults present to enjoy the event. If you want to have a big celebration where the whole family is included, OP, throw it yourself.
Quoting Anonymous:

Its people like you who raise self entitled brats. Just wait till your kids are teenagers lol your going to be screwed. Children do not belong at adult events. I.E. work functions. This isnt a school play or an award assembly at school. Your husband and everyone else at the companyy who is getting honored works their butts off and does not want to relax eat drink and have a good night hearing little kids running around. And no it by no way is OUTRAGEOUS. If kids were wanted there it would have said family friendly or children welcome on the invite.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)