Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Child support. Teen mom.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Leah from TeenMom is getting $500 a month from her ex husband , and wants more. 

Does anyone else think that she is getting out of line. I, personally, think that $500 is fine. She makes much more then him, she has a DH who helps her to pay rent and utilities, food.  her ex has these kids at his house often, he also feed then, getting diapers without anyone's help. 

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:41 PM
Replies (111-120):
RMC007
by Silver Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 7:04 AM

I have no idea what she makes, nor do I have any idea what her ex-husband makes. The child support should be based on her state's child support income guidelines. If the guidelines determine she should get more, than she should get more. If not, then she should take what she gets. $500 a month is not crap for two preschool children. In my area, day care alone would be close to, if not more, than $1000 a month. Child support also should be based on either party's new spouse as the new spouse is not legally financially responsible for the children.

pancake.
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 7:55 AM
But to hate someone for doing what alot of divorced or single moms do...? Why not just hate child support in general? It doesn't matter she's on a TV show. She didnt force the court to give her anything, they decided what was in their states regulation, and paid her what was right. I get an astronomical amount of support for just ONE child because his father makes so much money. That's not my fault, I didn't force the courts to give me that money. You can hate her all she wants, but she ensured her kids would be taken care of, that's all that matters.

Quoting Anonymous:

It is not her life style I don't like, it her I don't like. She put herself in the position for people to judge her. It is like watching a sitcom, there are always some characters that you like, and some you dislike. 

Quoting pancake.:

Who seriously cares that much, lol.

She wanted the support, she went to court for it, the court agreed she gets more, that's that. I just am not the kind of person to really care that much what other people do. I can't dislike someone for choosing to live a certain way, that's just silly.

Quoting Luna091306:

She has a choice. I am legally entitled to child support. I am the "custodial parent" even though my ex and I have 50/50. I can receive support, however, because he makes more than I do. I choose not to do that. MY choice. She could have left it alone or disagreed with the amount of increase. That's why I don't like her. She agreed on amount and then went behind his back and asked for more.

Quoting pancake.:

Because that's the law, unfortunately. It doesn't matter if it's 50:50 shared custody. One parent legally has to be "custodial parent" and if it's Leah, obviously, she's entirely to whatever the law says she's entitled to.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 11, 2013 at 9:52 AM

First of all, I never said that I hate her. I do dislike her and child support is not the main reason. It is just one of the reasons. 

Quoting pancake.:

But to hate someone for doing what alot of divorced or single moms do...? Why not just hate child support in general? It doesn't matter she's on a TV show. She didnt force the court to give her anything, they decided what was in their states regulation, and paid her what was right. I get an astronomical amount of support for just ONE child because his father makes so much money. That's not my fault, I didn't force the courts to give me that money. You can hate her all she wants, but she ensured her kids would be taken care of, that's all that matters.

Quoting Anonymous:

It is not her life style I don't like, it her I don't like. She put herself in the position for people to judge her. It is like watching a sitcom, there are always some characters that you like, and some you dislike. 

Quoting pancake.:

Who seriously cares that much, lol.

She wanted the support, she went to court for it, the court agreed she gets more, that's that. I just am not the kind of person to really care that much what other people do. I can't dislike someone for choosing to live a certain way, that's just silly.

Quoting Luna091306:

She has a choice. I am legally entitled to child support. I am the "custodial parent" even though my ex and I have 50/50. I can receive support, however, because he makes more than I do. I choose not to do that. MY choice. She could have left it alone or disagreed with the amount of increase. That's why I don't like her. She agreed on amount and then went behind his back and asked for more.

Quoting pancake.:

Because that's the law, unfortunately. It doesn't matter if it's 50:50 shared custody. One parent legally has to be "custodial parent" and if it's Leah, obviously, she's entirely to whatever the law says she's entitled to.

nickimiranda
by on May. 3, 2013 at 9:40 PM

Leah is completely justified in asking for and receiving more. Why shouldn't Corey have to pay an equal share for the girls. Obviously Leah and Jeremy spend more than $800 a month on raising both girls and any parent knows there would not be any way you could raise those girls on $1600 a month. Jeremy's income should have no bearing on what Corey pays anyway because they are Corey's children not Jeremys. He got off really easy as it is for two children. Leah has the girls more than Corey as it is. He gets them Friday after work, all day Saturday and Sunday and drops them back off Monday morning. He does this for 3 weekends a month and Leah has them the rest of the time. I don't understand why everyone wants to jump down Leah's throat when clearly she lives for her children and is only doing what's in their best interest. The same thing any good mother would do.

l0nely
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2013 at 9:41 PM
1 mom liked this
That's why I stopped watching that show.. They're all getting greedy and stupid.
paulswifey11
by TashaL on May. 3, 2013 at 9:47 PM
It's actually 3. 72 hours is 3 days. Thurs-fri, fri-sat, sat-sun

Quoting Anonymous:

He has those girls for 4 days a week. She has them for 3. He shouldn't be paying her. She should be paying him.
billiejo79
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2013 at 9:47 PM
1 mom liked this

I think that $500 a month is plenty. But the fact that she is remarried doesn't and shouldn't matter what she gets for child support. My dad always told people that couldn't believe he had to pay child support after my mom remarried, that it doesn't matter that us kids were still his and therefore his responsibilityto support.An I agree with my dad. With that said I also think when parents get 50/50 custody that one having to pay child support is stupid. I honestly think that parents should have to pay 50/50 when it comes to medical and extra curricular activities. That each parent should be responsible to provide for the child while they are with them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 3, 2013 at 9:55 PM
Why do you need $1600 a month to raise 2 kids?
My DH's pay check is $1700 a month and we are the family of 4 and he are OK.

Quoting nickimiranda:

Leah is completely justified in asking for and receiving more. Why shouldn't Corey have to pay an equal share for the girls. Obviously Leah and Jeremy spend more than $800 a month on raising both girls and any parent knows there would not be any way you could raise those girls on $1600 a month. Jeremy's income should have no bearing on what Corey pays anyway because they are Corey's children not Jeremys. He got off really easy as it is for two children. Leah has the girls more than Corey as it is. He gets them Friday after work, all day Saturday and Sunday and drops them back off Monday morning. He does this for 3 weekends a month and Leah has them the rest of the time. I don't understand why everyone wants to jump down Leah's throat when clearly she lives for her children and is only doing what's in their best interest. The same thing any good mother would do.

Pooobaihr
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2013 at 9:57 PM

I think 500 is fine.

britadams10
by on May. 3, 2013 at 9:59 PM

well they go off of what the man makes.. she gets $800 now.. he gets them on the weekends but he did say her new hubby makes more than him that's why he got mad.. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)