Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Child support. Teen mom.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Leah from TeenMom is getting $500 a month from her ex husband , and wants more. 

Does anyone else think that she is getting out of line. I, personally, think that $500 is fine. She makes much more then him, she has a DH who helps her to pay rent and utilities, food.  her ex has these kids at his house often, he also feed then, getting diapers without anyone's help. 

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:41 PM
Replies (21-30):
HaleyCovington
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 9:04 PM
Why does she get more because he got a raise. He works hard and got a raise but doesn't see it because of CS. So many women scream it should be 50/50.... If he was paying his half and then got a raise then it shouldn't go up because she didn't start making more or contributing more. He's more financially responsible now???

Quoting daughteroftruth:

When she stated that he did recive a raise, I was thinking, sure, he got a raise, child support shoudl be modified.. then he offered to buy the girls what they needed all Leah had to do was ask.. and she wasn't happy with that... she wants cash... If he was willing to buy the girls the things they needed,t hen I don't see why child support would need to be modified.. I think she just wants more money because they bought a home that perhaps they cannot afford. 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LiesLiesLies
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 9:04 PM
No. He has them Thirsday night until Monday. In fact I think he has them MORE than her.

Quoting Anonymous:

He has them weekends I thought? If that's true, it's not 50/50

Quoting Anonymous:

They have 50/50 custody, he pays for their food, housing, dippers, without anyone's help. She has a DH who helps her plus $800 a month from the father of her kids. Seems like they pay 80/20. 

Quoting KristenFowles:

If my DH and I were to ever separate, I'd expect a 50/50 contribution regardless of who makes more.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jamamama00
by Ruby Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 9:04 PM
1 mom liked this

The amount he pays should be based on how much he makes. Period.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 10, 2013 at 9:05 PM
3 moms liked this
He has them 50% of the time.

The court system is so messed up when it comes to dads.

She doesn't pay him for the time he has the girls

Quoting Anonymous:

Her lawyer got her 800$ a month now.

That seems pretty average for two children IMO.

They wouldn't have modified it if it wasn't within state law and within his means.

But I still think Leah needs to get off her ass and get a job lol, or at least go back to nursing school.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 10, 2013 at 9:05 PM
1 mom liked this

I just don't get why is she so lucky. 2 amazing man, and she does not appreciate it at all.

Quoting Anonymous:

I liked Cory. Leah treated him awful. He's an amazing dad to those girls.

KristenFowles
by Ruby Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 9:05 PM

I don't know. 

I'm sure Ali's therapies/etc are quite expensive.  She's going to be more expensive than the average child.

Quoting Anonymous:

They have 50/50 custody, he pays for their food, housing, dippers, without anyone's help. She has a DH who helps her plus $800 a month from the father of her kids. Seems like they pay 80/20. 

Quoting KristenFowles:

If my DH and I were to ever separate, I'd expect a 50/50 contribution regardless of who makes more.

There is no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 10, 2013 at 9:05 PM
Regardless of the fact he has them at least 50% of the time??

Quoting jamamama00:

The amount he pays should be based on how much he makes. Period.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Apr. 10, 2013 at 9:05 PM

I get $1640 for my two boys. My Ex can afford it though. Remember, it's based on his income. She lucked out by having twins.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yea, the said $800 a month, ridiculous. Why do you need $800 a month for 2 kids???? Poor Corey. He will never be able to get married or start a new family any time soon. 

Quoting luckysevenwow:

I believe it was even raised an extra $300, I personally thought it was highway robbery.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 10, 2013 at 9:06 PM

Any expenses she has that pertain to the kids are considered in child support.

It amazes me that everyone watches these shows, and presumes that everything that happens every day of these girls lives are shown on air, and unedited.

You have no idea what happens when the cameras are off. You don't even know if it was made up and scripted just for drama for the show. You see the dad getting the kids. You don't see if he keeps them, or if they show it just for looks. You hear what she says she gets. You don't see the check stubs showing she receives that amount.

For all you know, she doesn't actually get anything, or he could be paying her $1200 a month.

Who cares? You are obsessed with a tv show. It's there to entertain, not tell the truth.

Quoting LiesLiesLies:

Her expenses shouldn't matter. That's HER choice.

She basically said her expenses were more because her and doormat Jeremy decides to buy a home together. Why is that Corey's problem?

Quoting Anonymous:

Considering you aren't in her bank account checking out her expenses, I'd say it's not your business

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Apr. 10, 2013 at 9:06 PM
My so pays 500 for 1 , I feel lk that's too much
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN