Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Child support. Teen mom.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Leah from TeenMom is getting $500 a month from her ex husband , and wants more. 

Does anyone else think that she is getting out of line. I, personally, think that $500 is fine. She makes much more then him, she has a DH who helps her to pay rent and utilities, food.  her ex has these kids at his house often, he also feed then, getting diapers without anyone's help. 

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:41 PM
Replies (41-50):
Mama110981
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 9:10 PM
I agree with u completely... Shes a reality tv star its not like she doesnt have the money. But at the same time what he was paying was decided on outside of court when the courts got involved bc her ex was the dumbass who wanted to make everything legal they re evalueated what he was making and should be paying for cs.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Luna091306
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 9:10 PM

Does he? I thought it was only the weekends. Even so, I don't agree the amount should have gone up. Situations like this tick me off.

Quoting Anonymous:

He has those girls for 4 days a week. She has them for 3. He shouldn't be paying her. She should be paying him.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 10, 2013 at 9:10 PM
I am pretty sure lies is right. He gets them for 3 nights and 4 days.

Quoting Anonymous:

That's not what I heard them both say last episode.

It doesn't really matter anyway. It's the courts who decide on child support. lol she's livin the good life now haha, a husband to payment her bills and and ex husband to pay her bills!!

Quoting LiesLiesLies:

No. He has them Thirsday night until Monday. In fact I think he has them MORE than her.

Quoting Anonymous:

He has them weekends I thought? If that's true, it's not 50/50

Quoting Anonymous:

They have 50/50 custody, he pays for their food, housing, dippers, without anyone's help. She has a DH who helps her plus $800 a month from the father of her kids. Seems like they pay 80/20. 

Quoting KristenFowles:

If my DH and I were to ever separate, I'd expect a 50/50 contribution regardless of who makes more.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Apr. 10, 2013 at 9:10 PM

Quoting LiesLiesLies:

I agree. He has them 50% of the time. She shouldn't get anything.
Sharbear42371
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 9:10 PM

It's funny you say that because I feel the same way. I believe that child support should be based on a child's needs and not on what a parent makes.  

Quoting KristenFowles:

If my DH and I were to ever separate, I'd expect a 50/50 contribution regardless of who makes more.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 10, 2013 at 9:11 PM
I could have sworn she said he picks them up Thursday night and drops them off Monday.

Quoting Luna091306:

Does he? I thought it was only the weekends. Even so, I don't agree the amount should have gone up. Situations like this tick me off.

Quoting Anonymous:

He has those girls for 4 days a week. She has them for 3. He shouldn't be paying her. She should be paying him.

HaleyCovington
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 9:12 PM
No, he even said that she blind sided him with it. They agreed on an amount and then she went for more with telling him.

Quoting Mama110981:

I agree with u completely... Shes a reality tv star its not like she doesnt have the money. But at the same time what he was paying was decided on outside of court when the courts got involved bc her ex was the dumbass who wanted to make everything legal they re evalueated what he was making and should be paying for cs.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JessT5280
by MileHigh Mom on Apr. 10, 2013 at 9:12 PM

I think people forget CS is based off of income. If his income went up, she is well within her legal rights to have it modified - regardless of what her current husband makes. 

My current husband makes over 100K a year. We live comfortably. However, he is not (legally) financially responsible for MY two children. Does he support them? Of course he does - but legally, he has no obligation to do so. The court does not view his income for this reason. 

My ex-husband pays close to $600 a month for CS. Why? Because he makes more money than I do. That's just how CS works. 

Luna091306
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 9:12 PM
1 mom liked this

She even said in the beginning of the episode something like, "Since we bought a house, money will be tight, so I was thinking about asking for more child support." Ugh.

Quoting daughteroftruth:

When she stated that he did recive a raise, I was thinking, sure, he got a raise, child support shoudl be modified.. then he offered to buy the girls what they needed all Leah had to do was ask.. and she wasn't happy with that... she wants cash... If he was willing to buy the girls the things they needed,t hen I don't see why child support would need to be modified.. I think she just wants more money because they bought a home that perhaps they cannot afford. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 10, 2013 at 9:12 PM

I actually don't watch the show at all. I'm going by what others have posted. You specifically said he has them every Thursday to Sunday. Are you there when the kids are dropped off and picked up to verify that? Or is that what they tell you on the show?

How do you know he actually has them 50/50 and doesn't cancel on her? Is that what they say on the show? Or are you there?

How do you know he pays his child support on time and in full every month? Are you cashing the checks with the mom, or are you seeing it on the show?

Quoting LiesLiesLies:

You are making quite the assumption by saying "I am obsessed" especially when it seems you pay a little more attention than me. Lol! I am basing my opinion off exactly what it's showing. I can't form an opinion on anything else because that is not what I am being shown and I dont know. Lol!

Quoting Anonymous:

Any expenses she has that pertain to the kids are considered in child support.

It amazes me that everyone watches these shows, and presumes that everything that happens every day of these girls lives are shown on air, and unedited.

You have no idea what happens when the cameras are off. You don't even know if it was made up and scripted just for drama for the show. You see the dad getting the kids. You don't see if he keeps them, or if they show it just for looks. You hear what she says she gets. You don't see the check stubs showing she receives that amount.

For all you know, she doesn't actually get anything, or he could be paying her $1200 a month.

Who cares? You are obsessed with a tv show. It's there to entertain, not tell the truth.

Quoting LiesLiesLies:

Her expenses shouldn't matter. That's HER choice.

She basically said her expenses were more because her and doormat Jeremy decides to buy a home together. Why is that Corey's problem?

Quoting Anonymous:

Considering you aren't in her bank account checking out her expenses, I'd say it's not your business

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)