Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

PREGNANCY HELP DID YOU FEEL THIS HOW DID IT TURN OUT

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 178 Replies

I have been having this horrible feeling throughout my pregnancy since about 5 months that something terribly bad is going to happen during labor. I can't shake this, it feels like I know its going to happen. It's worrying me sick and I cry thinking about it. I never ever felt this way with my son and there were problems with him.....Please someone help lift my spirits, have you had this feeling and everything turned out ok? Or did you have this feeling and it was something minor? I can't handle these stories I read because they all say they have a gut feeling and it turned out to be true, reading them drive me nuts!! I'm not excited at all and I avoid buying baby stuff, and doing my registry was so hard, because I get this feeling that tells me not to uhhh, this is torture!

I did have anxiety before pregnancy but it wasn't like this at all. Whenever I talk about pregnancy it turns my stomach, like it's not going to turn out ok and me have a baby at the end): ):

Please tell me positive stories I really really need it, I hope this isn't intuition/:

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:49 PM
Sorry so long.
Anonymous
Bump
Anonymous
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Those feelings are normal because we are basically dealing with the unknown. There is no way to predict how things will turn out. I felt the same way but I suffer from anxiety and have always been a paranoid type of person. But I can say that I regret being so worried all the time during my pregnancy because it prevented me from enjoying it. As long as you are healthy and the baby is healthy that's all that matters. You will be fine and look back on how silly it was to have these feelings.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:56 PM

I totally felt the same... like a sense of impending doom... but DD is 2.5 weeks now, everything went well... Well except the epi stopped working and the anesthesiologist didn't have time to re-do it! But no c-sec and no one died!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:56 PM
2 moms liked this
I swear ive read this post more than twice posted different times...
Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:58 PM
Talk with your doctor. That's a lot of anxiety for you to have to deal with.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 10, 2013 at 9:01 PM
Oh really, this is my first post.

Quoting Anonymous:

I swear ive read this post more than twice posted different times...
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 10, 2013 at 9:02 PM
That is awesome, was it like you were convinced something would go wrong?

Quoting Anonymous:

I totally felt the same... like a sense of impending doom... but DD is 2.5 weeks now, everything went well... Well except the epi stopped working and the anesthesiologist didn't have time to re-do it! But no c-sec and no one died!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 10, 2013 at 9:03 PM
I would love to enjoy this pregnancy, but this nagging feeling is terrifying.

Quoting Anonymous:

Those feelings are normal because we are basically dealing with the unknown. There is no way to predict how things will turn out. I felt the same way but I suffer from anxiety and have always been a paranoid type of person. But I can say that I regret being so worried all the time during my pregnancy because it prevented me from enjoying it. As long as you are healthy and the baby is healthy that's all that matters. You will be fine and look back on how silly it was to have these feelings.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)