Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Here's my secret: I'm having vaginal surgery and I can't wait!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 67 Replies

Yes, it's true. HOWEVER, I'm not doing it solely for the purpose of appearance, but it is a perk. The real reason I'm having labiaplasty is because my labia minora changed significantly after a really rough vaginal birth of my 2nd child. I've always had somewhat "prominent" labia tissue, but it got so much bigger and more noticeable after my last baby was born. 

Honestly, I find it quite disgusting. Not only that, but it's gets very sore during and after sex, and it gets irritated all the time for no apparent reason. So this will be deemed medically necessary because it causes significant pain. So this isn't plastic surgery to attain a "designer vagina". It isn't even considered plastic surgery at all, because it will be done in my OB/GYN's office by my Gynocologist and I will be awake. (scary, I know.) That extra labia tissue is being removed and that is all. No tightening. (It's still fine in that aspect.)

Have any of you ladies had this done? Or something similar? I'm pretty nervous about it but I know it will feel so much better....

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 10, 2013 at 9:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
audreesmama
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 9:39 PM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't do it...I don't even wanna know what the recovery is like lol.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 10, 2013 at 9:40 PM
Ds head broke my pubic bone on his way down its still not healed almost a year later. I was going to ask my dr at my next visit if i will be needing surgey for this lol
vegaswife2011
by Emerald Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 9:40 PM

Nope

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 10, 2013 at 9:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Brandi Glanville, is this you?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 10, 2013 at 9:43 PM
3 moms liked this

I would do it! I notice mine changed after the two Ive had now(im pregnant with #3). I also noticed that sometimes its just...sore lol. I think if I did it I would get the internal stuff done too because Ive noticed a difference there too.

I hope it all goes well for you!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 10, 2013 at 9:48 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting audreesmama:

I wouldn't do it...I don't even wanna know what the recovery is like lol.

That aspect does scare me, but I know the pain won't last. If I can have a baby without an epidural, get an IUD pulled out after it's been lodged in my cervix, and go through having a breast tumor biopsied and removed, I can handle this. (hopefully....lol!)

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 10, 2013 at 9:50 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Ds head broke my pubic bone on his way down its still not healed almost a year later. I was going to ask my dr at my next visit if i will be needing surgey for this lol

OMG....ouch!!!!! You may need to see about that. So sorry!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 10, 2013 at 9:52 PM
Dr said its very very common. I havent been able to walk normal since i was 33 weeks preggo And obv i havent had sex either lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

norahsmommy
by Platinum Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 9:56 PM
2 moms liked this
Just make sure you specify that they only correct what you want them to correct and they don't remove your clitoral hood. I was on a plastic surgery show kick on Netflix a while back and almost every woman that went in for a labiaplasty got her clitoral hood whacked off and none had discussed that with the surgeons. It was creepy. I'm not sure if that is common in real life, but the idea of my clitoris rubbing on my underwear unprotected makes me cringe. Good luck on your surgery!

Quoting Anonymous:

Dr said its very very common. I havent been able to walk normal since i was 33 weeks preggo And obv i havent had sex either lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Tatiana7
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 9:57 PM
Does the labia get "dragged" in during intercourse? If so, I would totally have it fixed just for the pain during sex. I can see where a tear (even healed) would cause pain too. I'm thankful for modern medicine and gifted surgeons! May you heal quick and get the best results!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)