Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is he really in an open marriage? *UPDATE 4/16*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 170 Replies
So I've been talking to and seeing this new man since November. He told me from the very beginning that he was in an open marriage. I was okay with that because I was not wanting anything serious, just a new friend. We have a great connection. Anyway he works a lot and is going to school to get his masters. Also he is in the reserves and does drills on some weekends so we cant really see each other as much as we'd like to. His main job is actually what drew me to him. Its a very selfless occupation. We've hung out 2 times and we talk several times a week. We scheduled a "date" for next Friday(19). The problem is that I'm not 100% sure his wife knows. I feel a little guilty because I'm really attracted to him and we might kiss or "fool around" :( . its also weird that we had a date on the 29th and he sent me a text I never received. But he showed me a screenshot where it shows he did. I just thought he stood me up. My friend says me not receiving his texts for that day is a "sign" that we shouldn't go out because Hes married?

What do you ladies think? Would you take his word and go out still? Contact his wife?

Update: 4/16

For anyone who's interested, all three of us met up finally. It was a little awkward because she kept giving me these dirty looks. I just smiled at her and tried to be nice. It was confirmed that they are in an open relationship. We talked for a while and it turns out she's the one who suggested it, which surprised me. Then she began asking me questions about her husband and I's relationship. To be honest though, she's not a very nice person. Just rude in general to anyone and everyone. Her eyes do light up when her son is mentioned. I can tell they are both crazy about that little boy.

The date is definitely on for Friday. I'm looking forward to it and so is he. He keeps texting me saying how excited he is.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 10, 2013 at 11:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ElizabethGracie
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 11:25 PM
4 moms liked this

Nope.That is not a mess I would want to get involved in.

CafeMom Tickers

"Live as if you have faith and faith will be given to you"

Derari
by :::Achtung::: on Apr. 10, 2013 at 11:25 PM

I'm not interested in anybody's husband, I have my own:)

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 10, 2013 at 11:26 PM
8 moms liked this

what kind of person dates a married man, open relationship or not?  I personally find it terrible judgment on your part.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 10, 2013 at 11:26 PM
1 mom liked this
No dating married men is my motto.
kidlover2
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 11:27 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't share.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mommynwife26
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 11:27 PM
1 mom liked this
This. Its too messy id find a guy who's single

Quoting Anonymous:

what kind of person dates a married man, open relationship or not?  I personally find it terrible judgment on your part.

firemouse23
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 11:28 PM
6 moms liked this

Ring around the finger...ring around the pecker.  Never ever date a married man no matter what he spews forth from his lips.  Men will say anything to get you to bed.  If he truly had an open relationship with his wife he would have introduced you to her out of respect for her and you.  Walk away...better yet run.

Amybelle
by AmyAzing on Apr. 10, 2013 at 11:28 PM
2 moms liked this

water seeks it's own level.....you'll get exactly what you deserve

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 10, 2013 at 11:29 PM
Don't date a man with a wife. That's not cool :(
justme00
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 11:29 PM
Lady's like you make me sick
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)