Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I like undesirable men

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 55 Replies
2 moms liked this

I've always been drawn to the "underdog". Nerds, geeks, rejects. Guys who don't get a lot of attention. They are fascinating and beautiful to me. I love being their "first girlfriend" or the first person they ever kissed or loved. If I'm not the first, I'm their first serious cause I actually take them seriously and I attempt to love them.

My boyfriend plays dumb but he's actually really smart. His act is flawless and other people really consider him 'slow'. Yet, when he's with me, he doesn't act like that at all. He has tried to play the dumb card a few times with me, to see if I would believe him. I laugh at him and tell him I'm not that gullible and he always smiles and starts kissing me.

Actually, I think he's very smart. Way smarter than most people. He has ADHD and I've always felt ADHD people are some of the most intelligent people in the world and that it isn't a disorder at all, but an evolution.

Even his family thinks he's less desirable. It's sad cause I see a very intelligent, lovable, very attractive man. We went to a party and one of his friends was surprised by how pretty his girlfriend was. And yes, I'm his first girlfriend but they were honestly expecting him to bring home something hideous because he couldn't get better. It's sad. He's so wonderful and no one but me seems to see it. . .

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 10, 2013 at 11:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 10, 2013 at 11:59 PM
1 mom liked this

*evolution

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 11, 2013 at 12:01 AM

Thank you! I type so fast, I typo stuff sometimes.

Quoting Anonymous:

*evolution

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 11, 2013 at 12:07 AM
1 mom liked this

So, you like dating undesirables because people are like "Oh, wow! Look at the girl on your arm!" as opposed to the hotties....where you wouldn't get noticed as "too beautiful" for them. You're like that girl who surrounds herself with fat friends to make yourself look better, but you do it with boyfriends. Ha...

Zazayam
by Ruby Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 12:07 AM

I thought this was going to be about bad boys, lol.

My hubby is pretty much this type of guy, I love him dearly and consider him quite the catch. I'm his first serious relationship.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 11, 2013 at 12:11 AM
1 mom liked this

No. I never thought about it that way, but no. I like them because no one sees them like I do. No one wants them, so I want them. Cause I see past all the shit and can love what no one else sees.

Quoting Anonymous:

So, you like dating undesirables because people are like "Oh, wow! Look at the girl on your arm!" as opposed to the hotties....where you wouldn't get noticed as "too beautiful" for them. You're like that girl who surrounds herself with fat friends to make yourself look better, but you do it with boyfriends. Ha...

Journeysmama11
by Silver Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 12:13 AM
1 mom liked this

I think I get what your mean. I always like the "chubby boys". NOT morbidly obese...just a little chubs...you know? I never like the super skinny guys...I don't mind buff, but not TOO buff...and I always thought the nerdy guys were hot. But not when they acted smarter than me, or if they had bad hygiene because video games were more important than showering kind. ...Like I could totally date Leonard Hofstadter. LOL! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 11, 2013 at 12:15 AM

It's good to know I'm not the only one.

Quoting Zazayam:

I thought this was going to be about bad boys, lol.

My hubby is pretty much this type of guy, I love him dearly and consider him quite the catch. I'm his first serious relationship.

melodyhour
by Gold Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 12:21 AM
Me too. I always have liked the incredibly nerdy intellectual types. I am not that smart and my husband is a brilliant nerd. I know people think we are in odd couple.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 11, 2013 at 12:27 AM
Awww thats sad to me. Thats my type too.
katemckenzie
by Kate on Apr. 11, 2013 at 12:37 AM

I'm the same way. I love the feeling of being the first. I know EXACTLY what you mean.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN