Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why u no like small babies??

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I don't get the disdain for tiny babies. Like, if you don't deliver a chubby 8-9 lb baby there's something wrong with either you or the baby.

I'm always seeing people refer to small babies as frail or sickly or fragile or some other bullshit?

What's up with that??

My youngest was full-term, 5lbs, 8oz and completely healthy. So was I. I didn't smoke or drink. I didn't have hyperemesis or any other health condition. Yet people always say it had to be "something" to "make her that small." Yeah moron, it's called genes.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 11, 2013 at 12:22 AM
Replies (11-20):
Hi_Rae
by Gold Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 12:30 AM
My ds was the exact same size, he grew to be a chunky monkey though so I got the best of both worlds :)

Quoting JP-StrongForTwo:

my baby girl was 6lbs 7oz only 18 inches long, and had such a tiny peanut head. 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SheciaBaby
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 12:31 AM
I feel like when you're 5 feet tall ... Maybe having 6 pound babies is norm..I might be just an idiot though
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JP-StrongForTwo
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 12:31 AM
1 mom liked this

hehe mine too. 

Quoting Hi_Rae:

My ds was the exact same size, he grew to be a chunky monkey though so I got the best of both worlds :)

Quoting JP-StrongForTwo:

my baby girl was 6lbs 7oz only 18 inches long, and had such a tiny peanut head. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 11, 2013 at 12:31 AM
I think that's great for twins! Full term?

Quoting numonestunar:

My good friend just had twins. 5lbs 8oz and 5lbs 13oz. They are cutie pies. They look like wrinkly old men. Lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 11, 2013 at 12:32 AM

If you saw my son (14), you'd never know he just weighed 6 lbs. 10 oz. He weighs 179 lbs. now.

ghostcat90
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 12:32 AM

Personally I was hoping for a smaller baby.  Birthing big babies is hard on the mommas and the babies.  My doctor and I fought the whole time I was pregnant because I'd decided that if she was over 8.5 lbs I wanted a c-section.  I was just over 9 lbs and was force delivered and I've got permanent damage from it and I refused to put my daughter through that.  My baby girl came into this world a fabulous 7 lbs 13 oz..

katemckenzie
by Kate on Apr. 11, 2013 at 12:32 AM

I'm 5'2" and 118 lbs. DS's father is 6'3" and 148. We're scrawny. DS was 6 lbs, and 21 inches. Long and skinny.

bcoll
by Brandi on Apr. 11, 2013 at 12:33 AM

My smallest was 4lbs (preemie) and my biggest was 7.5. the others are in the middle 5.10, 5.15, 6lbs, 6.4, 6.13.

almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 12:33 AM
My 34 weeker was 5 lbs 2 oz. Cutest baby ever. Since then, I melt when I see an itty bitty baby. I think they're precious. And I dont understand why women brag about having gigantic babies. It's almost like a badge of honor with some people.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Elle.tea.22
by Ruby Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 12:33 AM

I know right lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured