Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

cant sleep! just keep hearing what bs my mom was telling me over and over again

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies

ok let me start out with the fact that both my parents are hardcore alcoholics.

my dad is an undiagnosed bipolar/schiso(sp?) mixxed with an 18 pack of beer every day

and my mom has her anxiety attacks mixxed with her daily half a big bottle of vodka

so i visited my parents on the weekend and usually my parents dont really talk to me just a hi, how are you small talk. well my mom pulls me into the bathroom and starts telling me how she wanted to leave my dad for so long but the reason she didnt is because blah blah blah and that she feels like she owes him for all hes done for her. i just kept my mouth shut and agreed with her and couldnt wait till the conversation was over so i could leave. what was she talking about? it made no sense he beat her broke her nose, ribs and arm. what does she owe him he was always getting fired and just two years ago up and quits his job with no replacement job so he used up all his 401k and she says how can i leave him, he would have nothing.

then she says that he was a good father i just kept my mouth shut.   how in the fuck was he a good father? he hit me kicked me while wearing steel toed boots and never had a loving moment. she says he co-signed me my car. so does that mean i owe him? i paid the car off and he still acts like i owe him.

neither of them were good [parents no matter how hard they try to convince themselves or me. what kind of parent spends more money on booze and cig? than on grocerys?

sorry this is long but i just realized my mom is a complete nut job and i guess i never saw it before. the words that came out of her mouth was like she was trying to convince herself not me.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 11, 2013 at 3:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 11, 2013 at 3:33 AM
Sorry. I cut mine out.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 11, 2013 at 3:36 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Sorry. I cut mine out.

i moved an hour away 3 months ago. they havent come to visit. i have tryied to cut them out before but what got me to come back was my sisters telling me that i was ungrateful and just made me feel guilty

Gracie-May
by Silver Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 3:40 AM
I cut my mum out, never known my dad. She was a drug addict, drank too much and always put her new fella before us. I'm now 23, engaged, have a daughter and I'm pregnant with my second - and she knows none of this. My life is better since she's out of it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 11, 2013 at 3:41 AM
I was told that too by my whole family. But seriously I'm so much happier and less angry.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Sorry. I cut mine out.

i moved an hour away 3 months ago. they havent come to visit. i have tryied to cut them out before but what got me to come back was my sisters telling me that i was ungrateful and just made me feel guilty

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 11, 2013 at 3:44 AM

when they said that did you just ignore it or cut them out as well? it drives me crazy i cant understand how my sisters can just pretend like my parents were perfect

Quoting Anonymous:

I was told that too by my whole family. But seriously I'm so much happier and less angry.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Sorry. I cut mine out.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 11, 2013 at 3:46 AM
I explained my reasoning and said if they don't respect it, they can get out too. They dropped it.

Quoting Anonymous:

when they said that did you just ignore it or cut them out as well? it drives me crazy i cant understand how my sisters can just pretend like my parents were perfect

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Sorry. I cut mine out.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 11, 2013 at 3:52 AM

Quoting Gracie-May:

I cut my mum out, never known my dad. She was a drug addict, drank too much and always put her new fella before us. I'm now 23, engaged, have a daughter and I'm pregnant with my second - and she knows none of this. My life is better since she's out of it.

i wish i could just live my life. it would be so less stressful to not have to tip toe around my families feelings. iam a more timid person and my sisters make me feel guilty for feeling this way. did you just leave without telling anyone anything or did you slowly distance yourself?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 11, 2013 at 3:57 AM

Its such a crazy moment when that dawns on you that your mom is a whack job.  Ive had issues with my mom but on Friday DD got on the bus like normal.  When I kissed her I thought she felt a tad warm but she had her big winter coat on and was chasing her sister and puppy around.  Whatever.  I had fallen back asleep when DH yelled for me saying his phone wouldnt stop ringing and he couldnt get it because he couldnt stop puking.    I call the 1 number and it was a school district like 45 min from here.  The other was his cousins wife.  She said the school was calling her our DD was sick and we werent picking up the phone.  I called the school they said DD had a fever and earache we needed to get her.  I cant drive( I never go my DL) DH couldnt stop making out with the toilet.  DHs cousin the one that was calling IS our emergency contact but from this experience is too lazy to do what she supposed to and thats get DD in an emergency so I panicked and called my mother.   Shes like I KNOW!  The school called me and Im on my way.  I was still hyped up because I was worried about DD and I asked if she was on her way or getting ready to leave and she yelled "IM DOING YOU A FAVOR SO YOU CAN WATCH YOUR TONE AND WHAT YOU SAY TO ME LITTLE GIRL aaannnndd IM ALMOST OUT OF GAS SO YOU BETTER HAVE MONEY FOR ME!"   First off this is your grand daughter, if I had to I would walk my ass there with a damn wagon to pick her up.  I didnt say Im out of shampoo can you run me to the store. NO, this is an emergency FFS.  Second, DH was taking his nausea meds so he COULD drive to the school and get her.  Thats why I was asking IF she had really left. 

I always felt like an obligation to my mother, not a priority.  It wasnt until she made DD sound like an obligation that it hit me.  I cant stand you... you have always been a shitty mother.  I dont need you in our lives.

Gracie-May
by Silver Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 3:59 AM
Mum actually kicked me out at 14 and said I was old enough to look after myself. I lived with my friend and get parents until I was 16 then worked and got myself an apartment. She turns up on my doorstep sometimes and I just ignore her. I cut her calls off, never reply to her texts. Basically she "cut the cord" and I have her a big "fuck you" and dealt with it on my own. She tried to throw my sister out eventually as well but my sister walked first. Neither of us have anything to do with her or our younger brothers. She regularly used to tell us that girls were evil and she never wanted daughters.... Nice!!! Just cut all ties if that's what you want. Don't take calls, don't reply to messages and if they turn up just either answer the door and say "sorry, I'm too busy for visitors" and shut the door, or don't answer at all

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Gracie-May:

i wish i could just live my life. it would be so less stressful to not have to tip toe around my families feelings. iam a more timid person and my sisters make me feel guilty for feeling this way. did you just leave without telling anyone anything or did you slowly distance yourself?

EntrepeneurMom
by The Major on Apr. 11, 2013 at 4:06 AM
When I move out of town, I may do the same to my dad. I know he's treated me awfully so why Do I feel guilty :(
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)