Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

The beard trend...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you...

Options:

like the beard look, like kissing it too

like the beard look, but don't like kissing it

don't like the beard look, but like kissing it

don't like the beard and don't like kissing it

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 30

View Results

Out of curiosity, how many of you ladies with fellas who jumped on the mountain man look train actually like it?  My husband has grown a full on beard, trimming it only enough to keep it from getting too out of control and covering his mouth completely and I HATE it.  He doesn't look bad with a little facial hair, like a goatee, or spent-the-week-hunting fuzz, but I cannot stand the full on beard.  It is visually a turn off and is really making kissing and stuff repulsive.  It's like kissing a toothbrush.  One where the bristles come off on occasion and stick to my lip. *shudders*  And I've told him... daily, haha!  He knows it.  He says he will trim it up a little more in a couple months after the office bet is settled (all I know is it involves beard growth and he stands to lose $50 if he trims it too soon).  I keep coming across gals who love the facial hair, who love kissing a guy with a beard.  I can't be the only one who is really not digging this trend, can I?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 11, 2013 at 3:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
crumpy_gat
by No. on Apr. 11, 2013 at 3:35 AM
1 mom liked this

I hate beards yuck.

QuirkyMom26
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 3:36 AM

My SO has always had SOME type of facial hair. Right now he's got a half beard, goatee thing.  I guess I am just use to it. I WILL say though when our faces glide against each others, in whatever situation this would occur...it hurts like sandpaper.  That's about it. 

CrimsonRose01
by ~Cassandra~ on Apr. 11, 2013 at 3:37 AM

My husband normally has to be clean shaven, so when he's on leave, he likes to let it grow. He thinks he looks better with a beard, and I like it too, but NOT a full mountain man beard. He wants to see how long he can make it grow when he gets out of the military, and I told him if he does that, I will NOT be kissing him again until he starts trimming it up again. 

Sister.Menses
by Silver Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 3:40 AM
My df is growing a beard. He has been since No Shave November at work. As long as he brushes it down it doesn't bother me. I miss his soft face tho :/
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 11, 2013 at 3:43 AM

Haha!  That's exactly how my husband got started!  He got out of the Navy in October and by december he was being issued his mountain man facial hair card.  Bleh!  My threats went unheeded, unfortunately.

Quoting CrimsonRose01:

My husband normally has to be clean shaven, so when he's on leave, he likes to let it grow. He thinks he looks better with a beard, and I like it too, but NOT a full mountain man beard. He wants to see how long he can make it grow when he gets out of the military, and I told him if he does that, I will NOT be kissing him again until he starts trimming it up again. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 11, 2013 at 3:44 AM

I am beginning to miss the sand paper.  At least then I could ftell he had skin on the lower half of his face, haha!  I miss feeling skin.

Quoting QuirkyMom26:

My SO has always had SOME type of facial hair. Right now he's got a half beard, goatee thing.  I guess I am just use to it. I WILL say though when our faces glide against each others, in whatever situation this would occur...it hurts like sandpaper.  That's about it. 

JJsmommy4evr
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 3:44 AM
1 mom liked this

Seeing this post just reminded me of my mother and what she used to say to my brothers, not about beards but mustaches. "Do not cultivate under thy nose; what grows wild around thy ass."

I don't mind facial hair on a man as long as he grooms it and it does not harbor food or vermin 😇

CrimsonRose01
by ~Cassandra~ on Apr. 11, 2013 at 4:11 AM

LOL. I told him he had 3 months. If he didn't get rid of it down to "nicely trimmed" after that, I told him I'm going to take clippers to him while he sleeps so he'll be forced to shave the rest off. He said he'll take the three months, he knows I'll stick to my threats ;)

Quoting Anonymous:

Haha!  That's exactly how my husband got started!  He got out of the Navy in October and by december he was being issued his mountain man facial hair card.  Bleh!  My threats went unheeded, unfortunately.

Quoting CrimsonRose01:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 11, 2013 at 4:39 AM
1 mom liked this

Haha!  That's funny!  The other day I was asking if he was going to shave once the bet was over, he said he might try to see how long he can get it.  I told him I'd pull a Delilah.  He sleeps deeply enough that I could easily clip it if it gets too much longer.  He must have been at least a little serious about growing it longer because he got kinda quiet after that, lol.  He's had his fun, I'm ready to have his face back now!  Plus he looks about 10 years older with a beard, which isn't always good seeing I regularly am mistaken for someone 10 years younger.  

Quoting CrimsonRose01:

LOL. I told him he had 3 months. If he didn't get rid of it down to "nicely trimmed" after that, I told him I'm going to take clippers to him while he sleeps so he'll be forced to shave the rest off. He said he'll take the three months, he knows I'll stick to my threats ;)

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting CrimsonRose01:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 11, 2013 at 4:44 AM

No...a little facial hair, ok...but not a full on beard. DH has to shave daily because he could grow a full beard in a week if he didn't. I hate when it isn't shaven because when I go to kiss him it feels like needles going into my lips.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)