Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

anxiety. maybe its time to see someone?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies
I woke up two hours ago panicked for no apparent reason. This isn't the first time I've woke from a dead sleep like this. I'm always pissed off, ive found myself drinking a lot, I get into these moods and i hate it. I use caffeine as my upper - like 3-4 energy drinks or caffeine pills a day and i use alcohol as my downer... Probably six or more shots each night. Surprisingly even drinking this much im never drunk. Just tipsy enough to not worry so much.

Maybe i need to see a doc? Would anti anxiety meds help any? I've never used them before, but i feel out of control now..
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 11, 2013 at 3:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 11, 2013 at 3:50 AM
Maybe depression too. Yes anxiety meds will help but it takes up to 6 weeks for most to kick in.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 11, 2013 at 3:51 AM
1 mom liked this

Well, you could try to lay off the caffeine and alcohol and replace them with exercise and meditation...it might help and give you a sense of how much you really need to self medicate.  That said, I think you sense that there is a need for some outside help so you should definitely go with what your gut is telling you. Besides, it can only help you.  Maybe with therapy you won't need meds and they can give you some coping skills to help you feel more balanced.  Or, maybe a combo of therapy and meds is what you really do need.  My point, after all this rambling, is you should trust your instincts and seek help.  Good luck and I hope you find some peace.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 11, 2013 at 3:52 AM
The energy drinks and caffeine can be the cause or adding to the anxiety.

Quoting Anonymous:

I woke up two hours ago panicked for no apparent reason. This isn't the first time I've woke from a dead sleep like this. I'm always pissed off, ive found myself drinking a lot, I get into these moods and i hate it. I use caffeine as my upper - like 3-4 energy drinks or caffeine pills a day and i use alcohol as my downer... Probably six or more shots each night. Surprisingly even drinking this much im never drunk. Just tipsy enough to not worry so much.

Maybe i need to see a doc? Would anti anxiety meds help any? I've never used them before, but i feel out of control now..
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 11, 2013 at 3:53 AM
My dr has a bad habit of over prescribing. I went in for arthritis and walked out with two rx for narcotics. I think this is what's kept me from seeing him. Plus, i find it hard to talk about my problems. :-(

Except anonymous of course.

Quoting Anonymous:

Maybe depression too. Yes anxiety meds will help but it takes up to 6 weeks for most to kick in.

Donnah118
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 3:54 AM
I think so. Sounds to me like you are self medicating for whatever reason and that is a dangerous road to travel.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 11, 2013 at 3:54 AM
See a different doctor. If you can't tell them what's wrong then they can't help you. You have to want help. That means getting uncomfortable for a bit.

Quoting Anonymous:

My dr has a bad habit of over prescribing. I went in for arthritis and walked out with two rx for narcotics. I think this is what's kept me from seeing him. Plus, i find it hard to talk about my problems. :-(

Except anonymous of course.

Quoting Anonymous:

mudwrap
by Silver Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 3:54 AM

No. Don't rely on meds

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 11, 2013 at 3:56 AM
No i wish that were the case. It helps a lot. The caffeine keeps me happy throughout the day. The alcohol keeps me happy at night. Otherwise i would be a big ball of stress, rage, and sadness.. :'(

Dammit. I'll make an appt tomorrow.

Quoting Anonymous:

The energy drinks and caffeine can be the cause or adding to the anxiety.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 11, 2013 at 3:58 AM
I keep trying to get back into exercise and taking my vitamins actually trying to relax. Life has a way of screwing that up. I actually had my alarm set to get up early to work out.. But since I'm wide awake now, not sure that's going to happen.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well, you could try to lay off the caffeine and alcohol and replace them with exercise and meditation...it might help and give you a sense of how much you really need to self medicate.  That said, I think you sense that there is a need for some outside help so you should definitely go with what your gut is telling you. Besides, it can only help you.  Maybe with therapy you won't need meds and they can give you some coping skills to help you feel more balanced.  Or, maybe a combo of therapy and meds is what you really do need.  My point, after all this rambling, is you should trust your instincts and seek help.  Good luck and I hope you find some peace.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 11, 2013 at 4:00 AM
Well, of course i don't want to. But i don't see how my actions are making things better for me. If medication can help get me back on track, I'll do it for a while. It wouldn't be the first time I've been medicated and i always stop on my own when i get better. I was just hoping I'd be done for good.

Quoting mudwrap:

No. Don't rely on meds

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)