Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Can you buy alcohol?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 45 Replies
Laws here dictate liquor stores close at 9pm and aren't open at all on Sunday. Beer and wine can only be purchased between 7am and midnight. I end up waiting outside the store for 7 to roll around. The hours restrictions suck sometimes.

I forgot. Turns out you can't buy any alcohol before noon on Sunday too. That one got me recently. I thought I was good. But it was 7am on Sunday.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 11, 2013 at 3:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 11, 2013 at 3:53 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 11, 2013 at 3:58 AM
Anyone awake?
AmandaMichele
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 4:01 AM
1 mom liked this
You must live in Texas.:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
faeriemom1972
by Ruby Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 4:01 AM
3 moms liked this

I'm kind of a lush, but I've never been outside a store waiting to buy liquor. I don't even know what the restrictions are here. *shrugs*

AmandaMichele
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 4:03 AM
1 mom liked this
Dude why are you at the door 7 am waiting to buy alcohol? Sounds like a drinking problem. Buy what you want during the day or on Saturday if its liquor.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ashes0813
by Candice on Apr. 11, 2013 at 4:10 AM
I know you can't buy it after midnight here but never tried to buy alcohol first thing in the morning so I have no idea.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 11, 2013 at 4:12 AM
I work nights. And I do my grocery shopping between 2-4am when y kids are in bed and I'm done cleanig the house. The days I'm off and awake during the day I don't leave the house if I can help it. I don actually buy alcohol very often. But when I want a beer before be its a last minute decision and 7am is on my way to bed. But I get to the store around 6:50am. So I wait if I have the time.
Not everyone's on the same schedule.

Quoting AmandaMichele:

Dude why are you at the door 7 am waiting to buy alcohol? Sounds like a drinking problem. Buy what you want during the day or on Saturday if its liquor.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 11, 2013 at 4:13 AM
I work nights. 7am is right before bed for me

Quoting faeriemom1972:

I'm kind of a lush, but I've never been outside a store waiting to buy liquor. I don't even know what the restrictions are here. *shrugs*

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 11, 2013 at 4:14 AM

ABC stores close at 9. Beer and wine until 7am-2am M-Sat and on Sun 12pm-2am

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 11, 2013 at 4:14 AM
And yes Texas. I just thought of this because I got off work early tonight. But it's 3am so if I didn't have this lonely left over beer from last week I wouldn't have one.

Quoting AmandaMichele:

You must live in Texas.:)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)