Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Can you buy alcohol?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Laws here dictate liquor stores close at 9pm and aren't open at all on Sunday. Beer and wine can only be purchased between 7am and midnight. I end up waiting outside the store for 7 to roll around. The hours restrictions suck sometimes.

I forgot. Turns out you can't buy any alcohol before noon on Sunday too. That one got me recently. I thought I was good. But it was 7am on Sunday.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 11, 2013 at 3:49 AM
Replies (41-45):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 11, 2013 at 5:14 AM
If you guys had water I'd so move there. Lol. My grandma used to live in Arizona. I loved visiting her.

Quoting imafuswb:

I live in AZ.  You can pretty much buy alcohol whenever/wherever.  Lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 11, 2013 at 5:15 AM
It seems like every time I've wanted liquor it was at 9:30 or Sunday. Lol. Even going til 10 would help me.

Quoting Vipergirl22:

In stores its til close I believe and most stores close at 11pm. In the liqour stores til 10pm that is close.

JessT5280
by MileHigh Mom on Apr. 11, 2013 at 5:16 AM
Yes. 8am-5am. Grocery stores do not sell any alcoholic beverages at all - we have separate liquor stores, usually next door to the grocery store.
This doesn't apply to the whole state though, as we have many, many "dry" towns/villages. I live in Alaska.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bahamamama61
by Silver Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 6:00 AM
I think I'll make my own:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HistoryNutty
by Ruby Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 6:15 AM
No liquor sales after 3 am here. It's new to me, I don't think there are any in California (which is what I'm used to, we're currently in Missouri).
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN