Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Telling someone their baby is UGLY

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 468 Replies

Well, more or less avoiding telling them how you feel..how do you do it???  A friend just had a baby and keeps fishing for compliments "She's adorable isnt she?" "Aww she's so cute don't you think" and the baby really isn't cute at all...I know we've all seen babies like that!!  I just kinda laugh when her mother fishes for compliments so that I'm not being rude...is there any other way of avoiding this??  Other than blatantly saying "No, she is not cute and adorable she's very ugly!"  I'm typically a very blantly honest person but I feel bad saying that to anyone much less a friend...

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 11, 2013 at 7:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hanab818
by Ruby Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 7:23 AM
2 moms liked this
Avoid her for a while.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 11, 2013 at 7:24 AM
29 moms liked this

simply smile, nod your head, and say, yes, all babies are cute...why would you wanna make waves over someone else's oohing and aahing over their kid?  

lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 7:25 AM
22 moms liked this

99% of new babies are really only cute, beautiful or pretty to people related to them. I would keep agreeing with her yes the baby is darling, yes she is so sweet.Those are words that can be substituted for isn't she so pretty.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 11, 2013 at 7:25 AM
6 moms liked this

do you go up to your friends and say, 'gee, you're really not that attractive or pretty' when they ask you how they look?

thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 7:25 AM
40 moms liked this

Ummm tell her "yes, your baby is beautiful." Wont hurt you to lie about it. WTF

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 11, 2013 at 7:26 AM
1 mom liked this

I dont want to make waves I just don't like lying to people and I don't want to be totally honest in this situation.  

Quoting Anonymous:

simply smile, nod your head, and say, yes, all babies are cute...why would you wanna make waves over someone else's oohing and aahing over their kid?  

Suzy_Sunshine
by Gold Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 7:27 AM
16 moms liked this

Are you on the spectrum by any chance?

mom2the.rescue
by Platinum Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 7:27 AM
4 moms liked this

Tell her her baby is beautiful.  Moms go through a lot when they have a baby, and if they're worried they're not a gorgeous baby and their friend tells them it's ugly...that's just really sad.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 11, 2013 at 7:27 AM

I can't she's living with me till she gets on her feet.

Quoting Hanab818:

Avoid her for a while.

bcoll
by Brandi on Apr. 11, 2013 at 7:27 AM
21 moms liked this

If you really can't bring yourself to say yes she's pretty or beautiful, substitute. She's precious, oh my goodness she's so sweet...etc. Those would not be hurtful, or lies.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN