Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

the three year old pedophile

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 10:37 AM
  • 11 Replies
Do three year olds understand that bad touch is sexual assault?

Sure most kids have been taught not to touch there by three, but should they understand that it had sexual connotation?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 10:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jessesbride
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 10:39 AM

They can if it has been explained to them.. Ie .. That is reserved for mommas & daddies ... When you are married, etc. 

MamaJess9
by Platinum Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 10:39 AM
No they do not understand it. They should be taught that it's unacceptable, but they are obviously not capable of understanding the connotations of "sexual assault". What disturbs me more, is three year olds do not just dream up that behavior, they have to have seen it somewhere.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 11, 2013 at 10:40 AM
Truly understand? No. They can be told not to do it but I highly doubt any three year old would be able to grasp why.
firespurity
by Ruby Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 10:43 AM
What sex is? I'm asking if the understand what sexual assault is.

Quoting jessesbride:

They can if it has been explained to them.. Ie .. That is reserved for mommas & daddies ... When you are married, etc. 

SnapIt
by Ruby Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 10:44 AM
No
They are 3
Just a dont touch should do
firespurity
by Ruby Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 10:45 AM
Curiosity? Grabbing the no no areas. Or kissing someone? Or showing people their underwear? Those are all common behaviors not normal, but not abnormal.

Quoting MamaJess9:

No they do not understand it. They should be taught that it's unacceptable, but they are obviously not capable of understanding the connotations of "sexual assault". What disturbs me more, is three year olds do not just dream up that behavior, they have to have seen it somewhere.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 11, 2013 at 10:46 AM
Children that age can be told its bad but they do not understand why. They won't until years later (also they can't, their brains don't allow for it).
bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on Apr. 11, 2013 at 10:47 AM

LOL No.

firespurity
by Ruby Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 10:47 AM
What about the occasional defiant child that wants to see what he/she is banned from? Is that child a sexual deviant? Or just lacks understanding?

Quoting SnapIt:

No

They are 3

Just a dont touch should do
MamaJess9
by Platinum Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 10:48 AM
I assumed this was a spin off of the post claiming one 3 yr old sexually assaulted another.

Laying on top of him and trying to kiss with open mouths is not normal curiosity. The rest, yes, possibly. But the genital grabbing coupled with the other incident is a little concerning.

Quoting firespurity:

Curiosity? Grabbing the no no areas. Or kissing someone? Or showing people their underwear? Those are all common behaviors not normal, but not abnormal.

Quoting MamaJess9:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN