Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I don't want to resort to drugs

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 61 Replies

Poll

Question: Am I normal for feeling this way?

Options:

No

Yes

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 31

View Results

Do you ever feel like you need drugs or alcohol to get through the day? I do.

I am ashamed to say that I feel like my life would be easier to manage if I were slightly drunk all day or high on Ativan...which I have for panic attacks (that are rare). I haven't touched one in months...

It's getting to the point where I have an alcoholic drink every night before bed...

I was diagnosed with depression several years ago, I've been on and off meds. I'm slowly trying to get back on them right now. I have two children under the age of two and every day feels like a slow, lingering nightmare. I love them dearly and treat them like gold but I feel myself slipping under the ice...

My husband says I try to do too much around the house like 'supermom' but I do it because I'm so afraid of ever being called 'lazy'. One of my children will be in school during the day in 3 years time but I feel like I don't know how to get by until then.

If one isn't crying or screaming, the other is...I know that's the way it goes but I can barely handle it. Yes I have family a couple of hours away to help out but that doesn't help me in the long term, it's just temporary help. Has anyone been here before? 

I am normal for feeling this way?!

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 11, 2013 at 12:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 11, 2013 at 12:06 PM

bump

other_mother
by Gold Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 12:08 PM

Yes, I have been there. You need to get on your medication and stay on it. I would take my medication until I felt better and then quit taking it. It is now my husband's job to ask me about it every single night.

QuirkyMom26
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 12:09 PM

Sometimes I feel pot would be pretty handy to have around. There have been days at a time where I am just in a complete funk and cannot for the life of me escape it. My days are basically the same day in and day out. That's as far as I would ever go though.

I would never pop pills or become an alky. ( I can't stomach booze )

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 11, 2013 at 12:09 PM

That's what I used to do..on and off them cold turkey..I know it's bad I don't know why I did it. My husband wouldn't do that for me I don't think..

Quoting other_mother:

Yes, I have been there. You need to get on your medication and stay on it. I would take my medication until I felt better and then quit taking it. It is now my husband's job to ask me about it every single night.

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Apr. 11, 2013 at 12:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Drugs as in??

If I did not take my prescribed meds i'd be in bed feeling like death unable to move the slightest bit without crying.  But it's all needed for reason therefore I take every pill just to function.

I've never been one to drink.  No, I will not judge anyone who does so as long as you are drinking responsibly in case an emergency arises.  I'm personally afraid to mix alcohol with my meds as I take a lot of strong narcotics and depression meds.

Typically people who do not know what it's like to deal with something does not understand therefore they call others lazy or whatever.  Let's hope they are never faced to circumstances that you and i are only dealing!

Chin up :)  It's gonna be okay <3

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 11, 2013 at 12:10 PM

What do you do to help yourself?

I love alcohol..I love the way it makes me feel..more like my old self.

Quoting QuirkyMom26:

Sometimes I feel pot would be pretty handy to have around. There have been days at a time where I am just in a complete funk and cannot for the life of me escape it. My days are basically the same day in and day out. That's as far as I would ever go though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 11, 2013 at 12:11 PM

It can be normal, you just need to talk to a doctor and get on meds. I am on Xanax as needed. I don't take them very often, but sometimes, with 4 kids under 6, you just need one to keep calm.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 11, 2013 at 12:11 PM

Thank you so much for your compassion and love, I really appreciate it. I hope my meds make me feel better once I get on the full dose.

Quoting blsdbyangel07:

Drugs as in??

If I did not take my prescribed meds i'd be in bed feeling like death unable to move the slightest bit without crying.  But it's all needed for reason therefore I take every pill just to function.

I've never been one to drink.  No, I will not judge anyone who does so as long as you are drinking responsibly in case an emergency arises.  I'm personally afraid to mix alcohol with my meds as I take a lot of strong narcotics and depression meds.

Typically people who do not know what it's like to deal with something does not understand therefore they call others lazy or whatever.  Let's hope they are never faced to circumstances that you and i are only dealing!

Chin up :)  It's gonna be okay <3

QuirkyMom26
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 12:11 PM

I stay sober and just accept the way things are.

Quoting Anonymous:

What do you do to help yourself?

I love alcohol..I love the way it makes me feel..more like my old self.

Quoting QuirkyMom26:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 11, 2013 at 12:12 PM

I'm sorry, I hope you're in a good place right now.

Quoting Anonymous:

It can be normal, you just need to talk to a doctor and get on meds. I am on Xanax as needed. I don't take them very often, but sometimes, with 4 kids under 6, you just need one to keep calm.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)