Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

14 years old, being induced and no parent in sight... Update

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 2:47 PM
  • 284 Replies
2 moms liked this
My little sister has been in the hospital since 8 am and she's being induced. She's 3 days overdue.
She is there with only her boyfriend, her mom and his mom are both at work.

How in the world can anyone make their 14 year old daughter go into l&d alone?!
I hate this! I wish so badly that we could be there for her!!

Eta: I would be there for her if I could, I live 8 hours away and just can't be there. Her mother is a true pos and so is our father. (We have different moms) thank you for the support, to the bashers I don't have anything to say.

Update: her bf's mom is there and is keeping me updated. They just broke her water.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 2:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 11, 2013 at 2:47 PM
Oh boy
Jaxsonsmama2009
by Gold Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 2:48 PM
24 moms liked this
Well someone has to work and support them. At 14 she can't legally hold a job can she?
emandab
by Gold Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 2:49 PM
27 moms liked this

I get what you are saying but apparently she thought she was a big girl and had sex without them there so therefore she can deliver without them there.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 11, 2013 at 2:49 PM
1 mom liked this
Awwww. That's sad. I had to be induced with my first due to high bp they couldn't get down. I was 18 and was terrified, I was so glad my mom and dad were there. I can't imagine how your little sister is feeling! Poor kid. Hope all goes well for her!
scarygirl
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 2:50 PM
Well, at leaswt she is not dealing with duelling grandma drama. Maybe it is for the best.
ambermarie2006
by Gold Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 2:50 PM
Maybe they couldnt get out of work? Why arent you there? I was at the hospital both times for my baby sister.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
autiemama516
by Gold Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 2:50 PM
16 moms liked this

I feel sorry for her. It doesn't matter if it is your first or your 6th. It doesn't matter if you are married or single. It doesn't matter if you are 51 or 13 you are becoming a MOM and need support. I hope it is work related and they can come as soon as they leave work. I am sorry hugs.

ShannonRoe
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 2:50 PM
Why can't you go to the hospital and sit with her. Maybe their parents will show up soon
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 11, 2013 at 2:50 PM
6 moms liked this
Well my guess is that her parents are ashamed. I would be devistated if my 14 year old got pregnant. Great parenting...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 11, 2013 at 2:50 PM

As a mom you should know labor can take forever. Maybe they will come after work.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)