Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Home School Moms (not a bash post)

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Home schooling is something I am seriously looking into. I am completely disgusted with the school here.
What do you do to make sure your children get socialization?
What curriculum do you use and how expensive is it?
Do you find it difficult to keep your child's education on track?
Do you ever second guess your decision to home school?
What do you feel are the pro's and con's of home school?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 11, 2013 at 2:48 PM
Replies (31-32):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 11, 2013 at 9:25 PM
nice.
I have a 4th grader (5th math), and a 1st grader.
my oldest does some of the classes. and really enjoys them.
I have 3 others that are 3 and under. so I dont really get that time but it is nice they can do it by themselves and ask for help or just come and get it checked.
The days that both girls are on brand new ideas or that they need someone to do it with them are a lil more stressful. my 3 yr old likes playing the games. he tries to keep up it is so cute :)

Quoting NunyaBizzness:

los angeles.  my oldest knows "regular" school, and i tell her she can go back when she gives me any issues...... the thought of going back straightens her right out.  the little one knows only being home, but she LOVES CD!  they both do actually, and i like my 2 hours while they are with their CAVA teachers/class....lol

Quoting Anonymous:

We have been apart of CAVA since 2008! both girls know nothing but CAVA.

We are in the Sutter area. You??

Quoting NunyaBizzness:

we also use CAVA.  we absolutely LOVE it.  this is our third year.

Quoting Anonymous:

The group here is awesome!

We use K12. free public academy. so it cost nothing and we dont pay for books or anything either. they sent us a computer and layout the entire year.

It feels like I am a sub and the teacher layed everything out very well!!

We go to church and playdates through cafemom and facebook and meetups.com. we go to the park and play and talk with *gasp* strangers and have made a friend or two. and a creep or 3.

We also go to gatherings for CAVA.

NunyaBizzness
by Gold Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 12:47 AM

LOL....my lil one was doing that too.  now she has her own work.

Quoting Anonymous:

nice.
I have a 4th grader (5th math), and a 1st grader.
my oldest does some of the classes. and really enjoys them.
I have 3 others that are 3 and under. so I dont really get that time but it is nice they can do it by themselves and ask for help or just come and get it checked.
The days that both girls are on brand new ideas or that they need someone to do it with them are a lil more stressful. my 3 yr old likes playing the games. he tries to keep up it is so cute :)

Quoting NunyaBizzness:

los angeles.  my oldest knows "regular" school, and i tell her she can go back when she gives me any issues...... the thought of going back straightens her right out.  the little one knows only being home, but she LOVES CD!  they both do actually, and i like my 2 hours while they are with their CAVA teachers/class....lol

Quoting Anonymous:

We have been apart of CAVA since 2008! both girls know nothing but CAVA.

We are in the Sutter area. You??

Quoting NunyaBizzness:

we also use CAVA.  we absolutely LOVE it.  this is our third year.

Quoting Anonymous:

The group here is awesome!

We use K12. free public academy. so it cost nothing and we dont pay for books or anything either. they sent us a computer and layout the entire year.

It feels like I am a sub and the teacher layed everything out very well!!

We go to church and playdates through cafemom and facebook and meetups.com. we go to the park and play and talk with *gasp* strangers and have made a friend or two. and a creep or 3.

We also go to gatherings for CAVA.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)