Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i ignore them....edited

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

i ginore the kids i baby sit when they tell me they have to pee(the ones that are potty trained any way) or when they tell me they are finished eating or drinking. they know where the bathroom is and know how to wipe their own butts and pull up and down their own pants. they dont need to come tell me or ask me if they can go. (this is only after i have showed them where the potty is and all that good junk) i do help them wash their hands. they also know that when they are done with lunch they are to put their plates in the trash or sink and go lay down for a nap. i dont see why the feel the need to tell me they are done when they kno what to do. they are old enough to be just a little independant.

i do tuck them in and kiss every forehead and hug every child at nap time and i play with them and read with them and we go out and play bubbles and chalk and read books and play outside and go for walks and things like that too. i just feel these things dont need to be said every day. they know where their stuff goes when they are done eating and they know how to go potty alone.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 11, 2013 at 3:13 PM
Replies (41-44):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 11, 2013 at 4:36 PM
So what's this post for? What's your reasoning behind even posting this? If its how they're parenting and you're following through with it... What's the deal? Your headline is clearly meant to grab people's attention and the way you describe it makes it sound like they're not used to this response of being ignored.

Quoting Anonymous:

they know exactly what i do. they do it at home. there is no reason to respond anymore since they have been doing it for so long.

Quoting Anonymous:

It's not your job to parent them or try to change what they're used to. You're just the baby sitter you do what's in your job description and nothing else. Plain and simple. If you're that concerned ask the parents if you can ignore their children... See how they like that. Update with their response... This should be good.

Caspriel
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 4:37 PM

My eight year old Autistic son is like that. He feels the need to tell me every single thing he is about to do,I think it's cute but yeah a little annoying.:p

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 11, 2013 at 4:40 PM

see idk if it would annoy me if i had an autistic child like that. but idk you have one and ot annoys you lol but it is over the cute stage with the one 3 year old.

Quoting Caspriel:

My eight year old Autistic son is like that. He feels the need to tell me every single thing he is about to do,I think it's cute but yeah a little annoying.:p

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:26 PM

Do your job and stop ignoring what you get PAID to do! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)