Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is there an easy way to give 1year old meds??

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 3:52 PM
  • 38 Replies
I end up holding him
Down and forcing him. Is there an easier way? He needs amoxicillan for 10 days so its going to be a long drawn out thing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 3:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
IFartGlitter
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 3:54 PM

Easy? No. But lay him on his back on the floor. One of your legs goes behind his head, the other over his chest pinning his arms down. that leave both your hands free to insert meds and force his mouth shut. 

bleumonster
by Ruby Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 3:55 PM
Mix it in chocolate or butterscotch pudding. Or use a dropper and baby bird it in.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 11, 2013 at 3:55 PM

does he use a pacifier? they sell medicine pacifiers. luckily ds always thought meds tasted good so i never had a problem giving him meds, he always wanted more lol

cyork2
by Gold Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 3:56 PM
this is wrong but the image of this made me giggle lol

Quoting IFartGlitter:

Easy? No. But lay him on his back on the floor. One of your legs goes behind his head, the other over his chest pinning his arms down. that leave both your hands free to insert meds and force his mouth shut. 

wulfeyes05
by Ruby Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 3:57 PM

You could put it in some juice or food or try making it into a game. You know get him all happy then bam medicine. That's how I got my boys to love having their teeth brushed and to take meds lol.

natty31105
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 3:57 PM

I used to lay mine down on her back and sit in front of her. Then i would tickle her collar bone and drop a tiny bit in her mouth while she was laughing, and keep reapeating until she was done.

BKozICan
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 3:58 PM

I always mixed it in milk/juice/applesauce. Just a little, though, so they get more per bite/sip.

cyork2
by Gold Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 3:58 PM
this or ill put a little bit of chocolate milk on a spoon and a little of the medicine.at a time. It works for ds

Quoting bleumonster:

Mix it in chocolate or butterscotch pudding. Or use a dropper and baby bird it in.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 11, 2013 at 3:58 PM

umm....no

Quoting IFartGlitter:

BrittSam2011
by Platinum Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 3:59 PM

I hold my big guy on my lap with his head in the crook of my arm with one of his hands stuck behind my back and the other pinned in the front. Then I dropper that stuff in. This is only if he needs ALL the meds THIS SECOND. If not, I put it in his milk and let him drink it in his own time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)