Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Anyone have all girls/boys?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 132 Replies
I was reading a post about gender disappointment (or something like that) and the women was crazy for saying she was going to abort if the child she was carrying was a boy.

Anyways that post got me thinking, does anyone have all boys/girls and feel a little sad that they don't have at least one of the opposite gender? I just had my last baby, my 4th boy. I love all of my boys and I would not change any of them into girls nor would I abort if I got pregnant again and it was a boy. I am sad that I will never have a girl though. After 4 boys chances are even if I got pregnant again it would be a boy. Lol

I am sad for all the mother/daughter things I am going to miss out on. Let's face it once boys get married their mother's just end up the crazy mils. It is taboo for a son to be close to his mother and if he is then he is a "mamas boy and mom needs to cut the cord" Boys end up going to their dads for things and although they love their mother's and all that its a different bond then a mother has with a daughter. I don't know if this really made much sense since I have a hard time putting my feelings into words. I just wanted to know if anyone understands or feels/felt the same way.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 11, 2013 at 7:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tnt-manda
by Mandy Dandy on Apr. 11, 2013 at 7:24 PM
I have three boys, would'nt trade them for the world. A girl would have been fun, but truthfully I love the whole boymom role, burping, farting, grossness, rowdiness. I have learned to embrace all of it.

I just try to raise well mannered boys that will treat a lady right and maybe just maybe I will get a great daughter in law.

I also know most men tend to stay relatively close to there parents where women usally move futher away when their grown and married so that is a added bonus if it all works out that way.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on Apr. 11, 2013 at 7:26 PM
i have two girls. im sad i wont have the son i dreamt of but i love my girls and i think im blessed
Pink.Sunshine.
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 7:26 PM

yes, I have all boys. Yeah, I buried the dream of raising a daughter. It was my dreams but sometimes in life we don't necessarily get what we've always dreamed of. It goes without saying but I'll say anyway how much I adore my boys. I just wish I would've  been able to raise a daugther but that ship has sailed. I can't have any more children, I am not adopting and Granddaughters will never be the same. Everyone always says "Oh you'll have granddaughters" well gee thanks, I guess that's supposed to make me feel better huh. It never does. It doesn't constantly bother me, but every now and again, I see a girl in a stroller and it irks me. I may need counseling or something, who knows.

VannaMae307
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 7:26 PM

I may not count but I only have 1, a boy, and cannot have others. I could act tough and say I would never want a girl but in reality I am missing it either way whether I wanted it or not.

Northcuttswifey
by Silver Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 7:27 PM
I have all boys. I wanted a girl and was a little sad but I got over it in a day lol. I would not change any of my boys for girls. When I wanna buy girl things I do it for my sisters baby and my aunts twins lol.
Cmgmqmmom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 7:28 PM

I have two boys and am pregnant now. I am pregnant with a girl, but I would have been totally fine with another boy. In fact, I think I might have preferred it since girls make me nervous. All the little girls I know well (which is not many) are being raised to be spoiled, entitled princesses and sometimes I wonder if I will do the same without realizing it or if that's what little girls are like. I consciously know that it's totally the way you raise them, but it still makes me nervous.

I have heard the exact opposite of the first poster....I have heard the women tend to stay closer to their families whereas men tend to move. Interesting to hear it a different way.

thenameshailie
by Ruby Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 7:29 PM
I was so sure my last would a boy but she wasn't. I have two girls and can think of some boy things that would be fun but Im okay with my ladies.
MilkLover0203
by Platinum Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 7:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Three children. All boys. I never had a preference one way or another. I wanted a healthy child.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 11, 2013 at 7:30 PM

I'm freaking pissed that I don't have any daughters. I want to scream when I see little teenage girls that got their fucking daughters. It makes me so mad. Mad at God. I hate him for not giving me a daughter.

.Nucking.Futs.
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 7:31 PM
3 moms liked this
All girls. Shoot me now. Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)