Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Anti-bullying campaigns are a joke.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 233 Replies
12 moms liked this
They are not helping. All they are doing is giving bullies the attention they want and turning our kids into big babies. I predict disaster in the future as the world will be ran by over-sensitive pansies. Everyone was bullied at some point and we are still alive. If a kid is over sensitive to bullying, it is because their parents never taught them good self-esteem. At the very least, their parents never taught them to NOT listen to others and NOT to base their own self-worth on what other people say.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 11, 2013 at 7:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 7:20 PM
3 moms liked this
We got our hair pulled at the bus stop

Social media changed EVERYTHING when it came to bullying
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Lizard_Lina
by Platinum Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 7:21 PM
Kids have the ability to block people.

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

audreesmama
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 7:22 PM
27 moms liked this

Oh, okay. By your logic, I was abused, neglected and nearly starved as a child, but I'm still alive. I guess that means it's totally okay and we need to stop trying to prevent child abuse and neglect, and don't have to feed our kids as well. Awesome. 

I'm sensitive to bullying because it's a weak, assholish way to try to force yourself into someone's mind and body. What a fucking pussy move. I have good self-esteem, and so do my children, but we're human and we are all sensitive to assholes, at least at some point in our lives. 

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 7:24 PM
2 moms liked this
From their personal page, yes

Doesnt mean someone cant got start a "I hate Joe Schmoe" page

Quoting Lizard_Lina:

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

JP-StrongForTwo
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 7:24 PM
2 moms liked this

I agree to a point. 

The bullies are getting more out of control now though, than in the days of swirlies and wedgies. 

AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Apr. 11, 2013 at 7:25 PM
2 moms liked this

true. I wish I had the "block and delete" option when people were calling me names as a kid.  Nowadays bullies are nothing like they used to be. They used to beat you up and pull your hair and steal your money for no damn reason. Now they comment on your profile pic saying that you are ugly and kids break down.  And so many of the little whorebags committing suicide because people call them out on their whoreness is ridiculous. Back in the day we owned our shit and if it wasn't true it didn't phase us.

Quoting Lizard_Lina:

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 11, 2013 at 7:27 PM

It's much worse than it used to be

PinkButterfly66
by Ruby Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 7:28 PM
3 moms liked this

Campaigns do absolutely nothing if there is no follow thru.  The adults at the schools need to be willing to step up to the plate and enforce the anti-bully policies and kick the bullies out, press charges, whatever is needed to take the schools back. The student body needs to step up and refuse to be silent bystanders.  Bullies exist because the rest of the student body stands by and does nothing. If they, as a group, let the bully know that s/he was not getting away with it any more, then the bully would lose power.

Wonderlust
by Silver Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 7:31 PM
2 moms liked this

Bullying has always been bad. It's just been brought to light. WHY do you ask? Because KIDS HAVE KILLED THEMSELVES...so no..not everyone is still alive. 

mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on Apr. 11, 2013 at 7:31 PM
3 moms liked this
I almost never agree with some things you say here.

But this deserves a standing ovation

Quoting audreesmama:

Oh, okay. By your logic, I was abused, neglected and nearly starved as a child, but I'm still alive. I guess that means it's totally okay and we need to stop trying to prevent child abuse and neglect, and don't have to feed our kids as well. Awesome. 

I'm sensitive to bullying because it's a weak, assholish way to try to force yourself into someone's mind and body. What a fucking pussy move. I have good self-esteem, and so do my children, but we're human and we are all sensitive to assholes, at least at some point in our lives. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)