Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What kind of washer and dryer do you have?

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 8:36 PM
  • 27 Replies

I just got a new washer and dryer today and they will be delivered on Saturday!  So excited!  I am nervous about them since they are front loaders though.  Are they hard to take care of?  I have heard that if they are not properly dried out, they can stink.  Any experience with them?

by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 8:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lauren.m
by Platinum Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 8:38 PM
No I have old ass ropers I would get new ones but I hate getting rid of things that still work well.
momof2gingers
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 8:40 PM
Front loaders. Whirlpool Duets. We just leave the doors open when done. We've had them for three years and no smell. I'm supposed to run an Afresh tab through it once a month to clean it but I slack on that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tifbrown
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 8:41 PM

I have had front load for 2 years now and love them. I have never had a problem with the smell. I think it's because when I am done I leave the door open so it can dry out properly. That, and keep the rubber seal clean, it can build up with fuzz and socks and such. 

Blueliner
by Platinum Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 8:41 PM

Old ones lol

tifbrown
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 8:42 PM

I have the same ones I believe. I don't bother with the Afresh. I just dump a cup or bleach into the drum and put it on the Afresh cycle, works great.

Quoting momof2gingers:

Front loaders. Whirlpool Duets. We just leave the doors open when done. We've had them for three years and no smell. I'm supposed to run an Afresh tab through it once a month to clean it but I slack on that.

waffa
by Gold Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 8:44 PM

Don't have a front loader, but have a "Canyon capacity" w/d (over sized dryer/washer, and no agitator in washer) that can wash and dry a CalKing size comforter no problem. Washer does smell on occasion, but it has a clean cycle where I put 1/4 cup of bleach in and run it then it's fine for months.

ARK0501
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 8:44 PM
Electrolux front loaders. I do the same as previous posters and just leave the door/drawer open so they can dry. Mine reminds me to run a cleaning cycle every once in a while. I LOVE mine.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Kodysmommy928
by Platinum Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 8:47 PM

I almost got the Duets, but in the end I decided on the Affinities.  I will be sure to leave the door open and I think I will wipe them out after each wash, just to be safe.  I will look into the Afresh tabs.  Did you get the pedestals?  I almost didn't get them, because seriously, those fuckers are expensive, but he sold them to me buy one get one.  I am still second guessing paying $250 for them.

Quoting momof2gingers:

Kodysmommy928
by Platinum Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 8:49 PM

I really liked the look of the Electrolux ones, but the appliance guy said that all repairs had to be sent off to be done since there was no place around here.  On the off chance that I would have had to use it, I would be so upset. 

Quoting ARK0501:

Electrolux front loaders. I do the same as previous posters and just leave the door/drawer open so they can dry. Mine reminds me to run a cleaning cycle every once in a while. I LOVE mine.

Sonflower71
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 8:51 PM

I have had a front load for 13 years, never had a problem with stinking.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured